Reader's Digest. Any readers here?

@WebMann (4732)
I love Reader's Digest and keep it in the bathroom for some great reading while doing other things. :) Sometime I am glad I was sitting down at the time I read a few of the sometime very funny jokes. If you know what I mean. What stories or jokes come to mind when you think about Reader's Digest?
@loved1 (5336)
This is too funny. We keep a Reader's Digest on the back of the potty too! Everyone enjoys reading it, even the 2 year old who only pretends to go potty and can't read. I have tried to give her a children's book instead and she only wants the Reader's Digest. haha My favorite page is the quoteable quotes. It is the first thing I look for each time we get a new copy. My dad always renews our subscription for Christmas. He said when he was in high school it was required reading for English class.
@WebMann (4732)
Kids rock. They do some of the funniest things. I just goes to show how much they pick up on what we do over what we say. I have a lot of good reading and great laughs with them. It's the first thing I look for at the doctors office.
@loved1 (5336)
Have you ever read a copy of Uncle John's Big Bathroom Reader? There are several versions available. I have given away several copies as gifts and people always thank me repeatedly throughout the year.
i dont read bt my big bro read this ..even i dont like reading..
@WebMann (4732)
I don't like reading and I am a slow reader but I would not be where I am today without forcing myself to read and learn more. Plus it is nice to just pick up a book that has short stories and lots of funny jokes.
@feralwoman (2199)
I like the bits in Reader's Digest when they test your knowledge of words. I don't usually score too badly on that. I can't remember jokes so I can't tell any here, but one story that comes to mind is something I read a few years ago about a mountaineer who had a very large rock fall on him and he had to cut off his own arm with a pocket knife to free himself. I admire people with spirit and courage like that.
@WebMann (4732)
I use that section to actually learn someting new. Great section. Yeah I remember that story it was something I don't know if I could do.
I think it was quite a blunt knife and he did it inbetween passing out - so it must've taken him an age to do. Amazing.