scents and fragrances

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I have a very sensitive nose and I am unable to take certain scents, like flowery ones, they sometimes make me gag. What are some of your least favorite scents and why?
@lauriefnp (5113)
I am severely allergic to pine oil (pine trees, Christmas trees, and some evergreen bushes). Whenever I smell a pine-scented candle or incense I get nervous. I also can't stand the smell of rose-scented candles or sprays; they make me gag, but I don't know why.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I am so sorry to hear about you allergy but that may be because one of my favorite smells is of a fresh Christmas tree and I think it should be everyones. I will just smell them for you :)
@seewhy (231)
The flower scents are my least favourite as well with the exception of rose. Even the rose ones can sometimes be too overpowering. If I have those kinds of scents around me for too long i tend to get a bit light headed and feel a bit woozy.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I wish I would only get light headed when I smell the flowery scents
Really potent, faky smells are the worst. I sell body care products and I have some aloe products that are completely fragrance free, dye free and preservative free. It is especially great for very sensitive skin. I'm not sensitive but I use this aloe body wash because it's just so clean feeling. I also have a pump of the fragrance free, aloe hand lotion in my kitchen for after doing dishes or washing my hands. It's great while I'm cooking because then I don't have to smell some foo-foo fragrance while I'm cooking or eating.
@samsonskola (3357)
I am the same way! I smell most perfumes and colognes even in passing, my throat closes up, i start sniffling and sneezing,etc.....i honestly don't like anything except fruit and fresh scents...lemon is about the only thing i can wear...and in the house for candles, i like lemon, orange blossom, cucumber and melons, etc.
@greengal (4288)
I can't stand Rose and Jasmine fragrances. They make me nauseous and give me a bad headache! I like the actual smell of the rose and jasmine flowers though. Strange, but true..:)
I like most fragrances. I work with them everyday and I have my favorites. Some flowery scents are way too strong for me and using them while making my products is very difficult. But I like lilac and lavender alot. I like fruity scents quite a bit and adore scents that are fresh & clean smelling like Ocean Rain.
I don't like the smell of perfume. My girls wear it and it gives me a headache. I love scented candles. I just don't know what it is about perfume. I think it's because people put it on to thick. Sometimes it even makes me gag.
@yrteja (652)
i also like scents and body sprays i like the scents flavoured with lavender and i use them regularly.
My all time favorite smell is honeysuckle. There is nothing like that smell at the beginning of summer. Reminds me of home. I once found some honeysuckle spray at Victoria's Secret that smell just like the fresh flower. It was amazing but they only carried it for one season. I still look for it but I don't get my hopes up too much. It was years ago when I found it.
@razcal2267 (15577)
That is great but I did ask about least favorite not favorite