Given a chance to audition for American Idol, what piece will you sing? Why?

Let us set aside citizenship and all legalities first. I was just wondering if you will be given a chance to audition for American Idol, what will you sing for them and why? Actually I am not a very good singer but if given a chance, I will sing a song I wrote 3 years ago entitled, "Fantasy"... it goes like (feel the wind, feel the sun...).
@muse02 (213)
I would sing "Breath of Heaven"...The reason is because it shows good vocal range. Plus it is such a beautiful song.
Who is the artist behind that song?
Me personally would sing a country song. Not sure what song though as I have a few favorites to choose from. Now I would probably go down as the worst audition ever.
@shywolf (4522)
I would enjoy hearing your song. I think that I might sing "Own My Own" from Les Miserables. For one thing, it is one song that I know I have my own 'version' of. Usually I like to sing songs as closely to the way that the original artist sang them as I can. I enjoy mimicking the way that other people sound when they sing! ^_^ But for that song, since I used to play the chords to it on my guitar and sing along, I sang it so many times while working on the guitar chording that I eventually started making the song 'my own' more than I do with most songs. So I would enjoy singing that song. Besides, the song sadly might as well be the story of most of my life so far, sigh. But I won't get into that here. *laugh*