Shel Silverstein

Shel Silverstein - the way he signed all the poem books
By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I still have four of these books from when I was a child and still love the poems. I now read them to my nephews and they love them also. I was wondering how many of you had any of theses books when you were younger and if you have any of them for your children?
@loved1 (5338)
I did not have these books when I was a child but I have purchased all of them for my own children. My favorite is the one about the sharp toothed snail that lives in your nose.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I am sure that your child loves these poems. The sharp toothed snail one is good. I also like "Loser"
@emarie (5455)
i have one of them...Where the sidewalk ends...it was one of my favorite poem books. i started reading some of the poem to my children now. the other one i remember is the giving tree. that was a nice story and every meaningful.
@missyd79 (3442)
i loved this books as a child. i did not have any of my own. But now as an adult and a mother I have four of his books. i just absolutely love reading them.
@shywolf (4529)
I don't know if I ever owned any Shel Silverstein books personally. I don't believe that I did. But I remember people reading from them in classes that I had at school, and I remember checking some out from the library. His poems are _so_ humorous! I definitely remember getting a good chuckle out of a lot of them. He really has a different view on the world that not many people could have turned into poetry in the exact way that he has done.