Shopping Bags

Australia
When you go shopping, do you use re-usable calliko bags? In Australia, we are trying to reduce the number of plastic bags, so; we have to bring our own paper bags or any other type of re-usable bags. In your country/region, are you doing the same?
@jotace (2094)
• Spain
In Spain we can get new plastic or paper bags in every shop, but I try to use all the bags as many times as possible.
@defeated (141)
May sound terrible - but no, I don't use a cloth bag when I go to the grocery. For one thing, I have no car and have to walk to and from the store. I have some metal clips I use to clip together 8-10 bags on each, which makes it easier for me to carry them the 1/2 mile home. But on the other hand, I do "recycle" them in a way - I use them for trash bags (even though they are small than regular trash bags). That way I don't feel so guilty about not having used a cloth bag when I went shopping. Does anyone else do this or am I the only weirdo?
@jmcafam (2891)
In the US some people bring their own bags but mostly people just use the store bags. The stores do have drop off places where you can recycle the bags that you have gotten.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
It depends on where I am going.. or what I am buying.. and how many bags I have at home or not. I often reuse plastic bags are garbage bag fillers in all the small garbages around the house, or use them to collect seeds or plants, or herbs in as I let them dry... If I have enough at home then I will use a cloth bag or my backpack.. to put the item in, or they will put a special sticker on the item.. so we do not have to have them in bags at all. - DNatureofDTrain