how do u know a topic is already discussed

@kritipen (4085)
I really want to know as to how i can know if a particular topic is already discussed. I post a discussion and later i find out in similar discussions that the topic has already been discussed though not with the same title. I want to avoid these repetitions and moreover i would not get proper responses. Let me know.
@hh9905 (1275)
You can always type the keywords in the search box on the top left of myLot page. From the search results you'll know whether the topic has been discussed or not.
@kritipen (4085)
Thank you.
@kritipen (4085)
I just came across another problem. Single words are giving one search results and combination words are giving some other search results. I repeated another persons topic again. oops.
@ssh123 (31104)
Normally my responses are descriptive and I can remember when I see the topic whether I have responded or not. If there is doubt,I just check all the responses of that topic to ensure I had not replied earlier.
@kritipen (4085)
Thanks.
I think we shouldn't worry overly much about whether a topic we are going to post is already discussed. I would think that practically every topic has been discussed. But go ahead and post it anyway since there's always someone who has not given his opinion but see no point to add on to an already debated discussion topic. Unless you are posting about something really obscure (then no one or few will reply anyway :P), it's hard to be unique - though you might be the first.
I haven't posted many discussions but before I do I usually type the question I intend to post in the search bar at the top and I also do a quick keyword search. I always believe that as long as i've done my best not to repeat a post then i'm adhering to the Mylot guidelines. It's very difficult to be entirely sure that your not repeating a post though, in fact as people are posting all the time I would say it's impossible.