I hate to know about those dogs having bark and shock collar.

I have a neighbor who has a cute poodle like dog. It barks and he hates it. But honestly it doesn't bark a lot. He has this collar that shocks the dog. I am not a dog lover or owner for one. But I personally feel this is torture. The dog came to my house I hate noise. But,I wanted the collar off the dog. What can you tell me to make me feel better?
I think if you have to shock a dog to get it to do anything, then you really don't need that dog. How would he like it he was shocked everytime he coughed? Barking seems like a normal thing for a dog to do. He should get rid of the dog and get a pet turtle or something that doesn't make any noise. Lloyd
Well he has given away the dog now. I sure hope it is doing better now.
I happy to see that he has done the right thing. Lloyd
@Fishish (697)
i am not much of a dog person. i dont have pets and would even not manage to keep one. but i do felel really bad when they are locked adn collared. i think it is a very cruel thing to do. if people can not train their pets adn train them, there is no point in keeping them home.
I am happy to say he no longer has the dog. I hope it is doing well. Thanks
@Willowlady (10666)
Not sure what will make you feel better, it is normally pretty necessary since many neighbors will complain about a dog talking. Some dogs do go on and on. This is normally what I call a last resort. Some would use it too quickly. Communication with your neighbor could help maybe. The Poodle should be fairly smart and able to avoid the low level shock. Same principle as the invisible fence. Hope you can work it out to babysit the dog so it gets some fun time with you!!
The dog has only barked about 2 times when I have been there. This is clearly the laziness of the father. He doesn't even want the dog. He only kept it because his ex wife gave it to his son. Even at my house the do g hasn't barked a lot. NowI am not a dog lover by any means at all.
@lsen06 (5000)
yes, this is torture.