What does this means MODEM in bidge mode or router mode?

well i cam to know that my DSL modem operates in either router mode or bridge mode ! what are these things ! can you explain me briefly ! and yeah it would also be helpful if anyone can tell me how to convert modem from bridge mode to router mode and vice versa !
I don't know friend. But I suppose that in router mode you are better than bridge mode.
well thanx for posting ! but i am looking for some good replies !
In my point of view, In Bridge Mode, it works on frames according to MAC addresses (Hardware address) [In data Link Layer of OSI model] and in Router mode, it works on the packets according to IP address. [In network Layer of OSI model] So, In routing mode, modem distinguishes the network but in bridge mode it can't. Reconfiguring is needed for router modem and bridged modem don't need it. Thanks and have a nice day.
@anex84 (465)
• Bulgaria
It means you are not direct connected to the internet. Your PC is getting into the Net through the router(maybe that's your modem DSL). The router protects you from possible attacks and floods.