What do you look for in a friend?

@worthy (2415)
The saying goes - You can not choose your relatives,but you can choose a friend. Do you carefully choose your friend.What are the points which makes you accept a person as your friend? you value a person's charcter and behaviour or looks and status while making friends ?
1.Above everything...Trust..I should be able to trust that person with anything and I don''t want him or her to tell it to anyone else... 2.Flexibility...not taking mw for granted and not being too rigid... 3.Cheerfulness...being cheerful, having a smiling face and a hopeful heart 4.Smartness... I can't have stupid fellows as my friends, it is ok if you don't know, but I can't stand ppl who don't want to know things and move up in life...
@worthy (2415)
Very good answer.You really take friendship seriously.As you said trust is definitely the base of friendship.As you have mentioned i too want to add the saying which is....A sensible enemy is better than a foolish friend.Thanks for the good answer.
@Tamilan (221)
In my point of view I select the friend who share his sorrows and joys with me without any expectations. Also who share my joys and sorrows with him without any expectations. All r having friends, but having a good friends is god's gift. May god gifted it to all Thanks
@worthy (2415)
Very good thought.Yes,I too wish for the same.Thanks for replying.
@mishang (501)
yes i really choose my friends carefully. the traits that i like to have in a friend are pretty simple traits, trustworthy, loving, fun to be with, and must have a chemistry with me. i despise people that appears to be a friend but later stabs you at the back right after having what they want from you. user friendly, ney!:)
@worthy (2415)
You are so right.Thanks for the good response.
Yes friend should have to care more of you and friends for sharing anything and it shows the best of friendship.
@worthy (2415)
Ok.Thanks for your response.
@pusiket (1759)
What I look most from a friend is her ability to accept me for what I am. The chance i can talk to her anything under the sun. And the time we can spend together that is full of laughter and good memories.
@worthy (2415)
Avery good reply.Thanks for responding.
@chocks (514)
He should be ready to share any thing with me.What ever he does is right to me and same thing he should follow.Help mutually in developing each other.All these are the quality i expect to choose a friend
@worthy (2415)
Ok.Very nice.Thanks for the reply.
@ezzrssi (11197)
i look the sincerity
@worthy (2415)
Fine.Thanks.
@Ravenladyj (22992)
I'm never one to "look for friends" really...but since I only associate with like minded ppl we generally end up being friends and close ones at that....Looks and status means nothing to me..its character and personality that counts
@worthy (2415)
Well said.Very nice answer.Thanks.