Why do men/women get upset when you say NO Thank you!!!

@mzbubblie (3840)
I'm 33 years old single female. There are men that come up to me introduce themselves. I know that there are alot of men with pride and don't like to have their egos bruised. However, I have been in situations where some men don't understand when you say you are not interested or offer to take you out and you politely say no thank you. Some "find" ways to I supose try to impress you...No matter how much you say no. Finally, my buttons get so pushed, I'm irritated, and I find myself being more harsh. Then that sometimes lead to them giving me alot of sarcasim or smart remarks...Why does it even have to come to that? Can't we just be friends? This is a scenerio that I have dealt with...My question to you is, no matter what it may be, how come some people can't respect and understand when someone say no thanks? It's got to be a attitude, or smart remarks, furthermore, it could lead to each or both not ever wanting to speak to each other again and that could of possibly ended up being a great friend....How did you deal with your situation? How did it end?
@shywolf (4520)
To be honest, I think that if someone is having that hard of at ime understanding you saying no, I don't think that they would make a very great friend anyway. *laugh* That is just my personal opinion. I would hate too to think that one would miss out on any great friendship, but if the guy is being pushy enough in the first place to push your buttons that much to get you to be sarcastic and stuff back, then I don't see how great of a 'friend' he could really be. So I would not worry yourself too much about those types. There are many other people in the world to be friends with! ^_^ I am just sorry that some guys don't get the message.
@mzbubblie (3840)
yes, some men just don't understand "I'm not interested" persistant men at that...Sometimes I just put my foot down and say "NO CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW"...lol lol
@pyadiki (306)
it is so because when they expect some thing frome us and if we simply say no thank u then they may feel sad about it.
@mzbubblie (3840)
In my case, why be sad, it's not like the friendship would end. Are you saying it's a possibly pride thing?
@lifeiseasy (2292)
Now don't laugh but I finally just gave in after 5 no's . then we went out and I let him see that we were not a great couple.I liked country he liked rock. I liked trucks he liked fast cars . So at the end of the night we talked and "he " decided we wouldn't make to good of a couple ,we are still friends today
@mzbubblie (3840)
Yeah sometimes it comes to that where you give in just to prove a point to him and self. I've dated and no matter if we didn't talk the whole dinner much, they still feel they have a chance...lol sad huh...why can't we be friends and be merry...lol