Snow

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
We are actually getting our first snow fall at the moment. While I love the first snow fall after that I wish it were spring. Who else is with me or do you enjoy the winter because of the snow?
@goms11 (73)
i dont live in a place where it snows... i have not been to a place like that.. i would love to visit such a place..
@razcal2267 (15577)
I would be more then willing to send you some the next time it snows as the dusting we got has already melted
@estherlou (5026)
I'm in Texas, and so far this year, we've had more snow than we've had in most years. Right now we're in the middle of a big snow storm that supposed to last tonight and all day tomorrow. The ice from the last one was barely melted off! At least I don't have to go to work tomorrow so I don't have to drive in it! Hubby will have to get out in the morning though to get to work...it won't be fun if he has to dig out the driveway before he leaves! We're supposed to get between 6-10 inches! Whew! It will be real pretty, but I'll be glad to stay in and under my afghan!
I live in NW PA and we get some bad storms in the winter here because of being so close to lake Erie. I am like you. The first snow is pretty, but after that it can be gone and turn to spring! I was born here and raise not 15 miles from where I live now and have only been away from this area for the 3 years that my husband was in the service and we lived in Huntsville Alabama for about a year and Fischbach Germany for 26 months. I have never enjoyed the snow even as a child. I just got too cold, plus I have asthma and had to have a scarf over my nose and mouth all the time.
@shywolf (4523)
I really wish that it were spring already *laugh* In the winter, I do love the beauty of snow, but the fact is that it mostly annoys me when it snows because I don't enjoy the cold weather at all and I don't enjoy the idea that something I had planned to attend might be cancelled or I might not be able to make it because of the bad weather. I have many things coming up in late Jan and Feb that it will make me feel very sad if I have to miss due to the weather, and we are suddenly getting worse weather here in Missouri now instead of earlier on in December like I would have kind of hoped for. I do think that snow and snowflakes in general are lovely, though - I notice that we both have snowflake avatars *laugh* But I really am not a big 'snow' fan, by any means.
@clownfish (3278)
Hi! Oh, I love snow! I love to be home when it's snowing those great huge flakes and bake or curl up with a hot cup of coffee. I don't like going out in the cold sometimes, but I also don't think I could live somewhere that didn't have all 4 seasons. I would miss snow too much! :-)
I was hoping for no snow this year. We got our first snow on the 14th and 15th. We have about 6 inches. I actually had to shovel. I wish it were spring also. I just don't like snow. I could have done without.
@missyd79 (3442)
that word is a very very bad word in my house. i hate winter i hate that s word and i just want it to be spring already.
@sylviekitty (2084)
I think we got our first snow fall (albeit pretty pathetic) the other day). But right now it's snowing outside. I think the news said we might get a whopping 2/10th's of an inch. LOL It's very pretty, though. The kids just got new snow boots, and are very excited to use them. Being from California, I like seeing the snow. I don't like the cold, though. Our heater is jacked up, and it got down to 62 degrees the other night before it kicked in. According to the circuit board, it's not grounded properly or something? We just had some part replaced back in October (I believe it was the circuit board), because of the same thing.. the heater is set right now to 78 just to get it to run at all. otherwise, it won't kick on at all, pretty much. :( It was working great for quite a while, and we had it set to 68. Dagnabit!! I don't like being cold!!!!!
@sbeauty (5871)
I like the snow as long as I don't have to go out and shovel it or drive in it. After living in the south for 4 years, the snow Iowa received last week was the first snow we'd seen in 5 years. It was so late coming, and when it did it mostly fell during the night. I like watching the snow fall outside. My husband bought a truck with a snowblade, so he was able to push the snow out quickly and easily this time. I've liked the snow a whole bunch more this way than I ever did before. I can remember coming out of work at night in sandals and finding my car deeply buried in snow. I don't miss that.
@beckyomg1 (6761)
The only reason that i like the snow is that my hubby plows so it brings in money other then that i dont like i dont like to go out in it.