Harry Potter Movies...

Did you like the books or the movie better? (only answer if you both read and watched Harry Potter) were you dissappointed by the scenes added and those not inclueded? i didnt like in the fourth movie when the dragon harry was against in the tournament ended up dying by going down a cliff or what ever. there is so much missing. and they do a bad job at casting in my opinion. i mean wasnt Sirius and Lupin supposed to be good looking? read the discriptions in the books guys! so what do you think?
@Tarrish (562)
I guess I would say the books are better then the movies, but that's because the books have a lot more chances to go into great detail. A movie is budgeted, and you only have so much time to tell a story. Even though the books are better I was happy to see the world of Harry Potter come alive on the big screen. It's really fun seeing the world come to life, and I can't wait for the rest of the movies to be made.
@arunr175 (1680)
I saw the first part Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for around 30 minutes when shown in television and I got bored from it. From that onwards I haven't seen the rest of the series ...
@jynt_aa (154)
well... look i have read and watched the movie as well. how can you imagine that the whole story and narration from the book will be shown. it's just a matter of time because if everything from the book he describes in the movie then he will have to divide every book into three movies and no director would spend so much on the animation(as harry is full of effects and animation). the same thing has been done to "the da vinci code". it is simply waste of time infact right?
@jojopuff (520)
Movies made from books, in my opinion, are never as good as the original books (with exception of Lord of the Rings). I think the Harry Potter books were definitely better than the movies, because like you said they leave so much out. It's understandable to leave some out, but at the same time it's disappointing. Like in the last movie where they go to the ball and Hermione's dress is pink in the movie...it was blue in the book!! How hard is it to make a change like that? It's things like that that really make me wonder why they can't at least try to make the movies more like the books.
@sweetee (423)
I enjoyed both the books and the movies, but I have to say I really love the books. I get swept away with them and have trouble putting them down..
@rein2410 (809)
I read both and obviously books give better details than movie. it would take 10 hours for the movie to give better details. well, I still like the movies because it is easier to be understood rather than reading the books. I always prefer to watch the movie and I dont read series number 6, I guess I just wait for the movie
@ralevi (1887)
I think that the books are better.