Ice mchines full of bacteria. Fast food restarants ,airports etc

This is such a shame to hear. The public fast food restaurants ice machines are full of bacteria. It has been all over the news. Now on Oprah. I thank god I stopped using public ice machine since I was working in Macdonald's when I was younger. How many of you love ice in your cups? does this bother you? Or is it out of sight out of mind?
@sedel1027 (17854)
I stopped getting ice in my drinks years ago before Oprah mentioned the germs in the ice machines story. Most drinks have to go thorugh the tubing that passing through or ner the ice machine, so the drink is cold anyway. Remember back maybe 10 years ago when Oprah did the expose on what is in Iced Tea when you get it a restaurant? I think that was much worse than the Ice Machine story.
i never ever heard of this one. The tea... I worked at the Mcdonald's and when the Ice machine was stuck etc. a person mopping the floor would have to go and fill up the ice. This grossed me out and the bucket used was just sitting in the walk area.