Living and working in a foreign country

@mipen2006 (5528)
Australia
How would you adapt to living and working in a foreign country? Would you learn the language, eat local food, adopt local customs? Or would you look for KFC, Maccers and pizzas? How would you handle a totally new culture?
@polachicago (19073)
I would learn the language first, I already eat international food, not KFC or pizza. I would try to understand local traditions and culture. I can handle new culture really well. We are living in Global Age anyway.
@mipen2006 (5528)
I always said people who decide to live in a foreign country should learn the language. Now I've embarrassed myself. I've been in Thailand nearly nine years and cannot speak Thai. My task has been made difficult by the fact that my Thai wife takes care of everything, and the locals all want to practice English with teachers. I managed to teach myself the alphabet, and can read and write a little (very little), but as soon as the locals hear my tones, the burst into laughter. It's just one more thing on my 'TO DO' list.
@polachicago (19073)
I think your case is different. Everybody want to study English, so they want you to speak English.