Is it right to feed people what they don't know about in the menu?

I was just reading another post. This post had me piss*d. Okey your ordering food from the China market. is it your first thought that it should be cat meat in your tray? No! but so many of them feed it to us. My daughters teacher is in China for a job. 1 whole year he is there for. This an can barely eat anywhere. He finally had to try dog meat. He said you would not know the difference. This is just down right wrong.
No, it's not right to serve mystery meat! I almost got sick just from reading! I am a beef, chicken, pork, and seafood person ONLY! I would sue somebody's butt off if I found out they gave me something so disgusting.
I know I would die on the spot so I couldn't sue at all. Good for you to know to do this.
Yeah, really, I'd probably die, too. I really scruntinize my food, though, before I attempt to eat it. Wouldn't it look weird?
lololololol:)
@albert2412 (1782)
On television I saw a story about Louisiana. Louisana has a lot of wild nutria (large rats about the size of a big cat that originally camr from South America) that like to live in the swamps. One of the restaurant owners interviewed for the story said that he liked to serve nutira meat in his restaurant. Since most of his customers do not like to eat rat meat and he did not want to lie to his customers, the restaurant owner listed the nutria meat in the French language on the menu, a language few of his customers could read. I do not think that this was fair to his customers.
No this was very unfair to them all. Did he get any jail time behind this? I am thinking no as he was open about it. Just not fully open. Thanks
@lauriefnp (5112)
I didn't read the discussion that you were talking about, but I agree with you that this is wrong! In the U.S. they would have to tell you what was in the menu. I guess this must not be the case in some parts of the world. I would never be able to do what your daughter's teacher did, because I would be afraid to eat a thing knowing this! There is no way in the world that I would ever be able to even consider eating dog or cat. I respect that in some cultures this is acceptable (I know that dog meat is popular in Korea). But I am too picky of an eater. I don't know if I could even do it if I was starving! I would have to live on rice and any junk food like pretzels, chips, etc. that I could find.
if you have eaten anything from China you can never say never. I chewed into a piece of pepper steak. I knew right then is was not beef. I told them I would call the health dept. They ran out gave me my money took the food and cursed me not to come back.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I am really picky about where i ordermy food from and if I bite into something that just doesn't seem right, I won't eat it. I am not a picky eater either. I don't know if I could knowingly eat dog meat. I would definately be vegetarian if I had to go overseas or live off of junk food.
I would hope to be able to manage going there at all. It is just not my thing. But for him it was a great offer. uhhh