String Cheese Incident

Hello all! I would like to start up a collective discussion about not only the inspirational music of The String Cheese Incident (SCI), but more importantly, about making the world a better place through sharing the things that move us. If you would like to add to this discussion, please feel free to do so! I believe that the world is a better place with more concious, like-minded and caring individuals. Thank you for looking and I look forward to perhaps making your acquaintance! -Charlie
@nana1944 (1367)
The String Cheese Incident group? That is something with which I am unfamiliar. Respect, love, faith, hope and charity (which is love as far as I am concerned, caring enough about others and things enough to try to help others). Not just by giving them material things but by giving of your feelings and of your time.
I agree completely. Respect, love, faith, hope, and charity - those are all the best things which life has to offer. As described abover, please do visit my myspace profile - I think you might find some similarities to what you just expressed which I included on my myspace profile. And you can also listen to the music of The String Cheese Incident there! I hope you like it! Thank you very much for your sincere comment! Kindly, Charlie
@jpetals (314)
I know this is an old topic, but it was the only result when I searched "string cheese incident". I'm happy to see their is another fan on myLot. I think you captured the essence of SCI very well. It's more of a movement than simply a band. They really promote, all the things good on this earth. And I know that comment is very vague and vast, but it is the truth. Their fans are responsible consumers and I'm sure most agree they don't listen to SCI for only the music, but rather the community that follows them. Another music site where you can listen to many of their free shows (and the band promotes this) is archive.org
@Darkwing (21588)
I'm afraid I know nothing of the String Cheese Incident, but I'm replying to your discussion anyway. In answer to the second part of your discussion... yes, I agree that the world would be a better place if there were more caring individuals. Religion is one part of life which always causes strife, or is used to cause strife. The world would be a far better place if people would try to understand other people's beliefs and let them be... no preaching, no power to higher religions, just a day to day attempt to walk one's life in an honest, nature-loving, caring and sharing way. This would surely ensure us of a more peaceful world, if everybody could respect each other's beliefs and actions, and live in unity. Thank you for this discussion, and sorry about the String Cheese Incident! lol. Brightest Blessings.
huh? the link to my profile didn't seem to work. If you are still interested, see my response above to search for me on myspace.
• Sri Lanka
Music really moves me. Specially the songs of John Denver, the simple lyrics "sunshine on my shoulders, make me happy", and things like that. But you are referring to a specific incident so I will have to do some research to give you a more descriptive answer.
Well put! I agree that simplistic vocals can sometimes be the most powerful! You might want to check out the music of Nick Drake - he was an exceptional musician whose life was cut short at a very young age. People are just starting to rediscover the music which he had to share with the world. It is very powerful and simplistic. Check out a website which has interviews and musical descriptions at: www.algonet.se/~iguana/DRAKE/NDinterviews.html#NICK As for the String Cheese Incident, I would recommend giving them a listen. You can either go directly to their website at www.stringcheeseincident.com or you can also visit my myspace profile. Search for the screen name: "Next Stop...The Inspiration Station!" I have a few videos displayed on my profile - I find their music to be very accessible or in other words, easy to like - that is of course unless you like something with a hard edge. On my myspace profile you will discover all kinds of other music as well! Either way, let me know what you think when you have the chance! Enjoy!