Career; any sacrifice??

@pizzoli (3381)
Italy
What would you sacrifice for your career??
@jal1948 (1361)
Upto a certain point in life one can concentrate on a career but marriage,having kids is also an important factor in ones life and should be fine tuned and balanced without sacrifising one for the other.
@sunilkonda (1215)
i sacrificed playing cricket in my teenage..
@cashnono (1135)
Ten Tips For Starting A New Job 1.Get to know people. First meet those people in your department and then those in departments you interface with. Listen more than you talk. Ask lots of questions and get clarification if necessary so you truly understand how the office/department/business works. 2.Don't try to change everything at once. Be open to learning "their" way before you suggest "your" way. 3.Get in synch with your bosses priorities. What are his/her expectations of you? Make sure you are living up to them. 4.Have lunch with different people in the organization. Learn the "unwritten rules" of your new workplace. 5.Learn about the culture. Seek out those people who have been there a long time and schedule time to talk with them. 6.Get to know the key players. Seek out people both inside and outside your area who have roles that are critical to your team's success. Ask for their support and offer yours to them. 7.Identify the critical challenges. Develop a plan that shows the way you will address your most critical challenges and the time frames that you expect completion. Share this with your boss. 8.Complete a project. Select at least one visible project to be completed within your first 60 days in the job. 9.Take care of yourself. Create a schedule for yourself that includes time off and good self-care. Changing jobs is stressful so include activities that you know reduce stress for you i.e. proper rest, exercise, good diet, family time etc. 10.Celebrate your success! Feel good about what you have accomplished. Confidence is an important part of your success in your job.
@linoleum (200)
I Sacrifice my times to go with my friends. Usually on weekend, I'll go with them to the mall or plaza. Now, after I go to work, weekend means sleep tight. Not all the time, but most of the time. It's ok since go to the mall means wasting money. I'm fine with it.
@raghwagh (1528)
Actually the definition of career depends on individual (I think so).So some may think lots of money as carrer or higher education as career.Some mothers think to bring up their child as career.Dhus for me the most important thing is to keep my family happy and for that I can sacrifice anything required.
@kesfylstra (1870)
Nothing! In fact I sacrificed a career for my family, and I am never looking back!
@perugu (5281)
hi,its hard to say,because,i really sacrificed personal life in the process of career,as my job is touring job.Ofcourse my wife cooperation made me success in my career,and i never for get her sacrifice also for not having more personal life with me.
@ThulsZ (784)
i'm not ready to sacrifice ma enjoyment for ma career...