Boys (and girls) .... and critters ... snakes, lizards, frogs, etc .....

Critters boys like! - Just a few of the critters boys seem to like.
Does anyone else out there find that boys are not the only children who love to explore the critters in nature? I am not a boy (nor was I) and I love snakes and frogs and such. I find that as a single mother of three boys this helps a lot! I can't imagine being scared of snakes, or bugs, or such. How many other parents out there have any thoughts to share on this issue? Are you scared of one of these critters? If so then which one? and why?
We have a pet lizard, Sludge, and everyone who sees him falls in love with him. My niece is 7 and she tells everyone about Sludge and how cool he is. My sons always catch bugs for him to eat. None of these bother me, thank goodness! My 4yo catches everything!
Aww .. thats cool , my oldest has been promised a lizard ... when HE can take care of it himself! I have a hamster and 3 hermit crabs (as well as three kids) to care for already. I would like a lizard also though. ;)
@XxAngelxX (2835)
You're right, boys are definitely not the only ones liking these creatures. I have 2 girls (12 and 7) and one boy (8). My son loves to terrorize my oldest with spiders as she for some reason has an intense fear of them. However, my 7 year old loves to play with ants. She'll pick them up and let them crawl all over her for hours.
I got pretty lucky in that none of my boys seem to be afraid of much of anything animal wise. Of course thats not always a good thing either, here in Texas we have red ants that BITE like fire. My oldest kinda will stay away from them, but my younger two just don't get it. They all love any critters and thats a real pleasure to watch. Since I am homeschooling them I get to discover with them! Thanks for sharing :D
I find that my 7 yr old girl loves critters just as much if not more than my boys (3 and 2) do. She would have one of everything that moved if you let her I think! Of course I have to admit she comes by it rightfully. I've never been scared of anything either. We have gerbils and a hamster, but my daughter's latest request was a snake, and then a rabbit.
Sounds fun! ... I used to have gerbils as a child, and now have a hamster and hermit crabs. My boys would love a bunch more critters too. Alas I don't want to keep up with more. Once they get older then I will most likely have tanks all over... LOL
Girl or boy makes no difference. :) I grew up loving snakes, bugs, reptiles etc. The only thing I am not crazy about is spiders. I still love snakes and have had one for most of my life. The one now I have had for 14 years. I always taught my children to respect nature and learn from it. I have 2 boys and a girl. One boy doesn't care much for critters but the other 2 do very much. They are very involved in nature and our wildlife. This is just one area we are able to converse and learn about together.