Do all muslims hate Christians?

Peace - A dove symbol of peace
@ronaldinu (12440)
Malta
I read a distressing news. I am quoting the exact words from the site: http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=1315 "The undercover investigation found that “moderate” Muslims preach hatred against non-Muslims, call on Muslims to fight the jihad, preach that homosexuals are perverted dogs who should be murdered and that kuffaars (non-Muslims) are liars." There is also a video link http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2668560761490749816&q=dispatches+mosque&pr=goog-sl I am interested to hear from muslims their point of view about this. Is this reality? Is this correct view of a muslim on other religions? Is this a distorted reality?
@Harley009 (1420)
This post is too late... And that news has gone... It's a long video I watched that video upto 1 minute only... Islam don't don't teach to hate any normal Christians/jews or any other people. Muslims don't hate any as long as they don't keep hatred to Muslims. That video itself is an example of hatred towards Muslims. That video says 'Islam is for brain washing' what the absurd is that? Either it is fabricated one it cut from another usage or context. It also says Jihad is the spirit of Islam, it is true jihad is the spirit of Islam, Jihad means 'struggle', and it has many divisions it primarily means struggle to our own lusts and evil thoughts, and struggle to our own follow Islam and practice it. and more division, the last one is also the 'fight' in the way of Allah, fight against those who fight with Muslims only, not with all non-Muslims. Islams do not approve homosexuality in the same way as Bible condemn it. It don't say to call them perverted dogs, If a Muslim practice such an act there will be some legal actions if the govt is Islamic something similar to fornication or adultery. Kuffars (non-Muslims) are liars? where does it say? Islam don't say it. Quran comments about some group existed at prophets time. Of course we can't accept other religious beliefs as true. We can keep friendship with any other religious people as long as they don't hate us and don't make trouble or interfere in prayer/worshiping. Have a look at discussions of Religion, Islam, and Christianity, Comments of Muslims about Christianity and other religions and comments of Christians about Muslims, You can identify who hate who. Quran Says: "O mankind, We(God) created you from a male & female, and made into nations and tribes so that you know one another, Most honorable among you in the sight of God is most righteous, Verily God is all knowing, All aware!" [49:13] Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ismael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And to him we submit" [2:136] And dispute ye not with the People of the Book(Jews/Christians), except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong : but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our God and your God is one; and it is to Him we submit. [29:46] Those who believe, and Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.[2:62]
@Harley009 (1420)
Also see : http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503545526&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar
@MsTickle (24994)
Thank you for an enlightening response. It has given me a clearer understanding of the Muslim religion. It was my understanding that all Muslims practiced jihad and that it was their destiny to destroy the infidels....the non-believers in any religion.
@suspenseful (40316)
Actually if you read about Sodom and Gomorrah,Leviticus and Romans 1 plus many of Paul's epistles, as well as parts of the Old Testament, you will find that God does not approve of homosexuality, so you gave us a poor example. To equate those of us who are Christians with those who practice homosexuality is an insult. The main message should have been is that the Muslims hate all those who are not Muslims, even decent and moral people who are Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Brahmans, etc. and would rather we all convert to Islam. It is a religion that was preached specifically by conquest.
@Harley009 (1420)
Yes, Islam do not approve homosexuality as a normal one. Quran explains about the Story of Sodom & Gomorraah, the period of prophet Lut. Also you can see it in the Old testament. Muslims do not hate anybody. we don't want to convert anybody but we convey our message to people those who want to hear, if one want to accept he can, if one want to decline he can, it's their choice. You should understand about how Islam was preached from the Islamic sources, many people came to Islam by seeing it's beauty and the worship to One God and by reading the wonderful message 'Quran', When 75% more people in a place accept Islam, there is nothing wrong in leading based on Islam there after. It is not just conquest always in the way you think.
@suspenseful (40316)
I still do not understand why Islam was spread through conquest. If it was spread through love, I would regard it like other religions who were spread through word of mouth and good deeds. And when it is spread, people do not become Muslims because of their love of God but of the fear that they will not have the same privileges of the Muslims who are coming to their land. I am thinking of the people in London, England where certain areas are Muslim controlled. That is a form of conquest to take over an area and discriminate against those who are not Muslim. I am a Christian, follow the Bible, and believe in the one true God and disapprove of those who claim to be Christians and are not. Except in Crusades where the European Kings wanted to win back Jerusale from the Saracens, most people were converted by missionaries preaching the word, not by the sword. Thanks for the best response.
@Harley009 (1420)
There had many conquests and Invasions by different countries and political leaders and business people, It is done by people of different faith. They were not forcing the people to believe in, but they were a source to understand about Muslim faith to those people and people believed in it in their own will after seeing the Muslim religion's beauty and guidance. Islam was not spread by sword, This sword theory is created by different enemies of Islam. How prophet Muhammad got thousands of followers? Do you believe he was saying believe in Islam, other will will kill them? NO NO! Prophet Muhammad was a trust worthy person to all those people there, when he got prophesied at his age 40, he began to announce about the revelations he got from God, and for the proof he had some miracles and wonderful Quran verses. The people began to oppose prophet Muhammad who was trust worthy to them before, many planned to kill him, because he don't subscribe to their faith and preaching a new faith. Many people came to Islam with the beauty and perfectness of the message and they identified it as God's message. When those native people planned to stop the new preachings and they think he misguide people. They planned fights against prophet and they came with their army and prophet and Companions had to fight with them. Fighting against those who fight with us. Nothing more. So finally majority of people in Mecca & Medina embraced Islam, and naturally the people opto to form a govt. And there after the victory of Mecca, non-Muslims in Mecca stopped in front of Prophet, Prophet Said to them: "Now you are free, you can live freely". It was Islam.
@MrNiceGuy (4147)
Very good topic. I heard about that as well. There is definately a wall between truth and political correctness that keeps us from realizing whats really going on. A lot of people relegate the terrorist ideology to a few "radicals" or "extremists" but they don't realize how mainstream many of these ideas are, even in Western countries, even in the US. heres a site you might like: www.jihadwatch.com and www.jihadwatch.com/dhimmiwatch
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
The western media is often criticised of putting Islam in a bad light. I commenced this thread to enable muslims to discuss this issue in a civilised manner. I am trying to put away my personal prejudice which I might have towards this religion and I am trying to understand what Islam is all about. I hope that not all muslims do follow the teachings of such Imams. In every religion you have a minority which is a radical or extreme. What you have wrote is seriously worrying. "A lot of people relegate the terrorist ideology to a few "radicals" or "extremists" but they don't realize how mainstream many of these ideas are, even in Western countries," I hope that this is not the case. I sincerely hope that people from different religions seek love and peace first and foremost before any religion or political ideology.
@MrNiceGuy (4147)
I don't think the western media portrays muslims unfairly. From what I see, it is unfairly treating them with too much political correctness. Everytime someone is critical of Islam or muslim clergy, it is deemed racism, even though its not. A muslim group recently condemned the show "24" for depicting Muslim terrorists committing terror attacks becuase it allegedly gives them a bad reputation, but they ignored the fact that so do muslim terror attacks... Check those sites out, you'll be surprised whats going on in the world and isn't reported.
No this is a misconception. Muslims dont hate christians. Its only when Some christian countries try to force muslims for a certain thing or impose war on them then they hate christians. e.g US is hated by muslims but not all the christian countries.
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
Thanks for your contribution. But watching Muslim leaders talking that way on videos is really worrying.
@LittleMel (14055)
I don't know about the religion itself but as far as the people I can say that not all of them are like that. I came from a country where majority of population are moslems so I can say this based on my own life experience. Only very few moslems are peaceful and tolerant, they wouldn't start bashing another religion if we don't start bashing theirs and some of them wear miniskirts tight clothes too, not necessarily the robe we see them wearing on TV. I was told there are different branches of Islam, some are extreme and some are not. I am not a moslem so if you asked me how it feels to live in a country where majority is moslem I wouldn't say it's fun or free, but most of the time it was the politic that is detroying the economy and not the people. I think if politics are gone the tension wouldn't be as much felt and all that is left is how to make a living and survive poverty