Has this ever happened to you?

Before any of you say it, I know I need to go see a doctor. Here's the deal. I'm gaining weight in my tummy(like 10 inches and 10 pounds),and I'm producing breastmilk. I know what you are thinking...well, duh, you're pregnant. See, here's the problem. My tubes have been tied for almost 8 years now and my husband has had a visectomy 11 years ago. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
@sunshinecup (7882)
Not me personally, but like it is your hormones. It really needs to be checked out, because it could be something going on with your pituitary gland. I don't mean to scare you, but you really need to go see a Doctor as soon as possible and don't play around with this.
Thanks! I'm going, but as I stated earlier I won't be able to go until next month. But I do want to find out whats wrong.
Your hormones can still be tested using blood work and they can check your pituitary gland by giving you an eye examination. Look I am not letting you off this that easy, LOL. Make an appointment and find out what is causing it. *Hugs*
Thank you! I'm going to call around tomorrow and see what I can find out! *hugs* Thanks for being so caring!
@villageanne (8579)
No, I have never had that happen to me or anyone I know. Here is what you knew you were going to hear "GO TO THE DR!" as soon as you can get in.
Thanks! As soon as I can find a doctor and make an appointment I'm going to go. May be next month before I get a chance to go though as money is an issue.
@tentwo67 (3384)
Go to the free clinic. If you've already added 10 inches to your middle then you need to do something regardless of money.
@tentwo67 (3384)
You really do sound pregnant. It would be so unlikely in the situation you've described for you to be pregnant, and yet it is the most likely answer. You must see a doctor quickly because there could be a fertilized egg where you shouldn't have one, and it could hurt you. I don't know of any medical condition that would mimic a pregnancy but yes you must get to a doctor. Sounds to me like your health could be in jeopardy and you owe it to yourself and your family to check it out sooner rather than later. I wish you the best.
Thank you! My mom is helping me to find a OB/GYN in our area. And is going to help me pay for it.
@emeraldisle (13158)
Even with the vesectomy and your tubes tied it could happen. Sad but true. Nothing is 100 percent effective unless it's removed. So I would recommend since you can't get into a doctor for a month get a pregnancy test. You could also call your doctor and see if you could talk with them there. Find out if you need to worry or not.
Thanks! I'm not too keen on the idea of being pregnant. But I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if I can find anything out.
@biwasaki (1745)
Its been known to happen on rare occasions. A friend of my parents had a vasectomy done and thirteen years later, his wife got pregnant. At first he thought that his wife had an affair and the child wasn't his, but when the DNA results came back it showed that it was indeed, his child. Have you taken a pregnancy test to be sure? That would be my first step. If it still shows up negative, I would schedule an appointment with my OB/GYN to rule out other possible causes. In any case, good luck!!
Thanks! The thought did cross my mind, but with my tubes tied and his vasectomy I didn't think it was possible. I'm 30 and he's 41. All of our kids are in school so we are not looking to add a new member to family.