Why is this site full of bigoted posts?

@jend80 (2068)
ie, attacking muslims, acusing Christians of raping their children etc. Are they started only to cause outrage and get large amounts of responces in the hope of earning more money?
@exchange (949)
it just a way for idiots to try to earn more money just report them and they will loose money then mabe they might stop posting hate
@sherinek (3323)
I dont understand and even I wanted to response, I do not because I dont know how to express my feelings without showing anger. So better I ignore those and stick to what I really like, such as children, parenting, family, life, etc. I dont believe in harming other persons feelings just because he is a muslim or a christian or a black or a white or whatever. What I feel is we are all humans, and we behave differently according to our frame of mind. It has nothing to do with whether you are a muslim or a christian or what ever. If these people are doing it for money, (I dont know) I think all nice myLot members should ignore such discussions. If we dont respond, it will pushed to brain busters and out.
@MySpot (2602)
I think a lot of people try the 'controversial' angle thinking they will get more responses. It's goofy thinking if you ask me because if you say something really offensive, people will give negative feedback. They say there are only two things you should never discuss with friends ~ politics and religion! I'm here to make friends and a lil money too, so I try to stay away from the more controversial subjects.
@juls2me2 (2151)
That's exactly why the conversations are started. To get a rise out of people to share their opinions. Yes, it does gain you more $ too. Negative & Postitive responses create an awesome discussion. It would be really boring otherwise.
@MySpot (2602)
What I meant by 'negative feedback' was that people were complaining about their rating going down. This probably doesn't affect the 'cash credit' though because then that amount would also rise and fall. I agree that it's cool to hear a lot of different opinions, but if I see a discussion that says "I hate gays, do you?"... I don't really want to give that poster 'the benefit of the doubt' or my response. I just don't like mean people. There is no good reason to attack someone. JMO
@anonymili (3140)
I do think that the race or religion related threads have a lot to do with hatred and wanting to express that hatred as well as individuals thinking they can make money out of spreading that hatred too. I prefer not to go into threads based along those lines but I would assume that sensible members of this site would rate stuff like that negatively if they do come across posts which they find offensive.
@ashraf83 (645)
because it's all fall onto term "FREE DISCUSSION" and FREEDOM...