Radio station contests

@Bev1986 (1427)
Do you like to participate in radio station contests? Our local station runs several daily contests where you win things like a free lunch or tickets to a show or something special. They have contests like word scramble, where you actually have to have the right answer, to just being the correct number of caller. I often play the word scramble game and try to win, but have only won twice. My daughter tried to win tickets to a country concert once and was actually the correct number caller, but she was on her cell phone and when they asked for her name, the phone went dead! She was sooo upset! Do you call in for radio station contests? If so, what kind of contests are they and what have you won?
@irisheyes (4373)
Wow, I didn't even know they still had these contests. I remember them from yers and years ago. Actually, I only listen to the radio in the car and then only to one progressive rock station which doesn't have contests. Anway, I never participated in a radio contest and probably never will. I'm just basically not a lucky person. What happened to your daughter would be similar to what would probably happen to me and it would be frustrating.
@coolcat123 (4392)
here in india i have never won anything may be becoz of the population i never got a chnce even to try my luck on tv. but when i was a kid i used to live abroad and there i won a lot of prizes,even a gold ring which is still with me now.
@kathy77 (7488)
well actually I have never participated in any radio station contests but I do think about it a lot when I hear them on the radio, but they do have the same prizes that you do.
@Lakota12 (42684)
My daughter used to and has won tickets to a show of comidians and dinner . also won one to Liberty land in Memphis that was name that song wht other one was name the artists she had one name and I had the other