United States paid holidays at work...

@Bev1986 (1427)
If you live in the U.S. and are working full time for an employer, do you get paid holidays? Like Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving? I work full time, but do not get any paid holidays... I'd really like to ask for some this year as I feel I've been a very valuable employee, but I'm not sure which ones to ask for. How many do you get and would you mind posting what they are?
@Lakota12 (42684)
I dont work any more but when I did I got paid for Christmas New Years Memorialday and LAbor day Thanksgiving and also for my birthday at one place I know there is more but cant think of them at this time
@KrisNY (7592)
Oh wow-- You work full time and get no paid holidays?? Do you get vacation? I thought all companies gave holidays-- Guess I was wrong. I do get paid holidays- I get 10-- Christmas and day after (floating holiday) New Years Thanksgiving and day after (floating holiday) Memorial day Labor Day 4th of July Good Friday and my birthday (I can take the 10th any time I like) I also get 3 weeks of vacation and 3 personal days- Used to get 5 but they cut it down by 2. All in all it seems like alot- But it isn't.. I'd like many more- : ) but thats called retirement!
@MakDomMom (1474)
I no longer work out side the home but at my last job (in local county government) we received the following paid holidays: New Year's Day President's Day Good Friday Memorial Day July 4th Labor Day Veteran's Day Thanksgiving Day Christmas Eve Day Christmas Day If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the preceeding Friday is the observed holiday. If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the succeeding Monday is the observed holiday.
@TerryZ (22083)
Im not working right now. but when I was I got paid for all the holidays. I cant believe your not getting paid. Are you full time? I would get Christmas Thanksgiving 4th of July NewyearsDay and Im stuck I cant think of anymore.
@kathy77 (7488)
Sorry I do not live in the U.S. as I live in Australia, but we do get paid for holidays provided you work both days before and after the holidays, our holidays would not apply to you as you live in U.S. but I also know that in America you are only paid for 2 weeks holiday a year and we are paid for 4 weeks every year.