For or against the war?

I was wondering how many people are for the war in Iraq and why? How many are against the war and why? I personally think our purpose has been served and its time to bring all our soldiers home. I think enough Americans have died for this cause. So tell me what you think.
My husband is in the military and I have a lot of friends that are over in Iraq. I am for the war because it all did in fact start with 9/11 and yes there are many other reasons why we are over there but I think that we should make sure that the people over there feel safe in their own neighborhoods and in their homes without having to worry about the insurgents coming back into their neighborhood and hiding there. I know that a lot of blood has been shed but if we stop now and come back home then who is to say that there not be another 9/11? We should just finish what we started and let that be the end of it.
My husband is military to, and I still feel its time to get out of there. How many people have to die before we reach the end? Who is to say it will ever end permantly? There will always be the chance that we will have to go back over there, but why prolong it? Just wondering what your opinion is.
@uath13 (8207)
If you've forgotten what happened the first time we went over, we pulled out too soon and had to go back! Would you rather see us stay until the problems are thoroughly fixed or would you rather us have to start all over again in a few years? Granted its all been caused by stupid politics we never should have gotten into( They should have taken care of it themselves )but we did and now we're stuck muddeling through.
We will always run the risk of having to go back over there. Even if we stay now till we feel the job is finished, theres always someone ready to step up and take the last bad guys place. We cant stay over there forever.
@stephcjh (32328)
I think the soldiers should come home also...I think the politicians should go over there and fight it. To me they haven't done a thing for the people over there accept lose the life of our soldiers. The country needs to step up to the plate and fight out their battle, preferrably nonviolently.
I agree with you. I was for the war at firs until I realized the American people were lied to.. Where is the Weapons of Mass destruction that Iraq is stock piling? Yeah thought so.
Completely against the war. We had no valid reason to invade and occupy Iraq. Iraq was no threat and Saddam was contained.
@bobilongo (264)
• Austria
I am against the war because U S went to war withought U N resolution, and as a result of that the was no international backings that is the more reason why it's difficult to bring troops back home.
@lilaclady (28240)
I feel it is time to bring the boys home, the united forces have tried to set these people free but it is such a crazy mixed up country its hard to know if they really want to be se free and the cost is now way too hight....they the ubited forces should still be proud that they tried.
@jon8105 (131)
Initially I was for the war, but our government has handled the war terribly and now it seems as though we are fighting an endless battle. Now, the more we stay over there the worse the violence. We need to let the iraqi government take over!
i am against the war. most ppl think it is about 9/11. but it isnt tht was jst an excuse. it is about oil in Iraq, and america want it. iraq has a lot of oil in tht country, and america is running out and tht is the only place they feel they can get it from using their power