Expectations when on parole

I understand once you have commited a crime and have been put on parole, it is the responsibility of the person to find a job. Where does one go about finding a job that will hire convicted felons especially one that is trying to do right, but can't find a job?
@DRoddy77 (1778)
I know someone who is going through this same problem. He was in prison for theft back in 1998 and to this day he still has problems finding a good job. the only places that will hire him are jobs that pay minimum wage. His family has to be on welfare and food stamps because he cant get a job that pays enough to support his family. I do believe that people should be given a second chance. How is anyone supposed to change their life for the better if they cant even get the chance? I understand that companies need to protect themselves but his crime was non-violent and was almost 10 years ago!
@judyt00 (3504)
You could start by asking your parole officer for suggestions. Some times they will have a list of employers ready to give you a second chance. then try an employment agency they may be able to find you a construction job that will get your foot in the door. My youngesr daughter's husband had to go this method, but now, he's doing good, is able to work at any job where there is welding or laying floors involved, and he gets better than average wages. He's had a few employers who were bad, and treated him like scum, but there are always that kind of people in construction. I think he earned the respect of both his probation officer and the local cops the day he reported one employer who was trying to get him to steal expensive tools from other companies, instead of just taking the tools and keeping quiet.
@stephcjh (32327)
Hi. I would personally recommend talking to your parole officer or possibly go thru some kind of ministry organization to try to help you.... or possibly get into a group for people of your age group or circumstance to see if they can help you, but I do admire your outlook.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I don't know if this program exsists where you live, but many cities have programs for felons. Businesses sign up to be a part of the program and hired former felons to give them a fighting chance when they get out of jail.