In defense of incest quoting the Bible

@manong05 (5029)
I often hear people say that the Bible doesn't prohibit incest because of the command go ye and multiply was given to our early parents, when no one else roamed the earth. Any opinion? how can we solve the seeming contradiction?
My grandmother believes that there were other people besides Adam and Eve. How did Cain marry and have kids? Their sisters??? I haven't studied this, but would very much love to look into it. In Genesis 4:16 it states that,"Cain went out of the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, east of Eden.(17)And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bare Enoch....." It doesn't say who his wife was, just that he knew her. Thinking he came to know her as his partner, his wife. Not that he knew her from before. I don't know....Please give me your opinion.
@budsr03 (2355)
Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden. Although nothing is mentioned it is possible for other people to have lived outside the Garden of Eden isn't it? I cannot help you with the word "knew". The exact meaning I don't know. Take care OnfireforJesus.
This is something i will be researching untill I can better understand it. Thaks.
@budsr03 (2355)
I believe there were other people outside The Garden of Eden. Just my opinion. Take care Manong.
@ashjoe76 (1434)
Bible does not prohibit inc(e)st in any way. There is no contradiction, I guess. It is a fact that we created social norms based on a family later, and in doing so, we unnecessarily attached religion to such viewpoints, as an enforcement. In the Bible, there are even cases where incst is promoted, especially where there is no other choice left for procreation.
@manong05 (5029)
yes, that's true. Like what the posting above says, in biblical history there was a point when there was no law and hence there was no violation. I'm not an expert in medical science but basing on their studies, incest produces undesired results in their offsprings so if we look at it from this perspective, this effect must have already been eversince.
During the patriarchal age, there was no prohibition on this. When there is no law, there's nothing to be violated and so it is not a violation. During the Mosaical age, there were already prohibitions in the Law of Moses. And so whoever transgressed the law should be correspondingly punihsed. In the Christian, there is also prohibition with the corresponding punishment. There is no contradiction at all. Those who like to indulge in it only look for justifications of what they do which is wrong as we have existing laws not only in the Holy Bible but also in our laws of the land or country.
@manong05 (5029)
I agree with you completely. Some quarters are claiming scientific and medical reasons against incest, that relationship between man and woman to a certain degree of co-sanguinity produces undesired results in the children like certain forms of abnormality which can not be denied.
OK .. where did my post go? My post counter increased by one, but my post is not showing up .... hmmmm .. the filters here on mylot.com are messed up .. they view sound, mature, socially sensitive discussions as por no grap hic, etc. grrrrrr My arguments against in c est are: abuse of power by an authority figure, the parent. Violation of the age of consent .. s ex with a child under age 16 is ALWAYS considered ra pe because the child is not mature enough to understand the consequences of consenting to se x. Then in a situation of siblings, there is the added abuse we would call opportunism .. taking advantage of a strong emotional / familial bond to manipulate a sibling into se xu al activity. The argument given from the Bible is bogus. They are taking partial information and turning it to suit their own evil desires.
@manong05 (5029)
Yes, some people are good in looking for controversial topics and seeming contradictions in the Bible and project an image that they are wiser. Man's folly knows no limits.