Fried ice cream

Have you ever had Chi Chi's fried ice cream? WHOA..it is amazing! I could really use a recipe if someone has one!
@forjosie (1547)
Hi there.... I found a recipe, not fried ice cream but it taste like fried ice cream I hope you will try this... Fried ice cream, served in many restaurant, is actually fried for about 5 second. It can be difficult to make. This recipe tastes just like the profesional version and is much easier. Ingredients: 2 cups ice cream, any flavour 1- 1/2 cups granola cereal, crushed 2 tsp butter, melted 2 tbsp honey 1/8 tsp cinnamon Preparation: Using ice cream scoop, make four 1/2 cup scoops of ice cream and freeze until very firm, about 2 hours. Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine crushed cereal and melted butter until blended. Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll each in ther cereal mixture, coating completely. Return coated balls to freezer and freeze at least one hour longer. When ready ti serve, combine honey and cinnamon in small saucepan and heat over low heat until warm. Place ice cream balls in serving dishes, drizzle with warm honey mixture, and serve immadiatelly.... enjoy it..And I hope it works!!!
thanks! I want to try this one too!
@sunshinecup (7881)
I am answering this from my email and can not see if this has been posted yet. If I am sorry. This is the one I have used. Ingredients : 1 pt ice cream 2 x eggs divided, beaten 1/2 tsp vanilla divided 2 1/2 cup sweetened cornflakes crushed 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon Cooking oil for deep fat frying Place 4 scoops (about 1/2 cup each) of ice cream in seperate plastic bags. Freeze for 1 hour or until very firm. In a small mixing bowl stir together 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. In a shallow bowl carefully stir together cornflakes and cinnamon. Dip each frozen ice cream ball into the egg mixture then roll it in cereal mixture. Return coated ice cream balls to the freezer, for one hour, or until firm. Reserve reamining cereal mixture. In a small mixing bowl stir together the remaining egg, and vanilla. Remove coated ice cream balls from the freezer. Dip ice cream balls into egg mixture, again, and then roll them in the remaining cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for several hours or until firm. In a deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, fry frozen coated ice cream balls, 1 or 2 at a time, in deep hot oil (375 degrees) for 15 seconds, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with melted chocolate, honey, plain or with fried white tortillas dipped in cinnamon sugar. This recipe yields 4 servings.
mmm thanks! I can feel the weight coming on just reading these recipes! lol
@brimia (6584)
It's been many years since I had Chi Chi's fried ice cream. I used to love it. This recipe is supposed to be exactly like it. Good luck! 1 pint ice cream 2 eggs beaten 1/2 tsp vanilla 1/2 cup sweetened cornflakes, crushed 1/2 tsp cinnamon Place 4 scoops (1/2 c) ice cream in separate plastic bags and freeze 1 hour. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 the beaten eggs and 1/4 tsp vanilla. In another bowl stir cornflakes and cinnamon. Dip each ice cream ball into egg mix then roll in cornflake mix. Return to freezer till firm. In small bowl mix remaining egg and vanilla. Roll balls in egg again and back in cornflake mix. Cover and freeze again. Heat a few inches deep of oil to 375 degrees. Fry balls 15 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with melted chocolate, honey, whipped cream, or plain or on fried white tortillas dipped in cinnamon sugar.
AWESOME....Thanks so much:)
i never had fried ice cream but heard it was good
@gewcew23 (8011)
Thank you for posting these I always wondered how to make fried ice cream. Like someone else said "I can really feel those pounds melting off :)"
@tohot666 (300)
fried ice cream is the best.
@Kaldonya (278)
I must live in a closet or something. I have HEARD of fried ice cream, but I have never tasted it. Now that I read that ice cream is coated with eggs and cornflakes, I highly doubt that I will. It just doesn't sound good...