dean koontz great author

@hmbw_24 (407)
Hi, I love to read Dean Koontz books. He is a great author. Anyone else? If so do you have a favorite?
@loved1 (5338)
I just got done reading Forever Odd by this author. It is the second in a series, the first being Odd Thomas. These were both excellent books! I can't wait to read Brother Odd, which is the third in the series. My name is on the waiting list at the library.
@hmbw_24 (407)
Yes! I have only read the first one in the series, and I cant wait to read the others. Unfortunatly my local library is very slow about getting in new books. Thanks.
Yep, he's writing great thrillers. I've listened to all 5 of them that I have on my site (AudioBooksCorner-dot-com). The plots are always very dense and the outcome is sometimes very surprisig. Definitely one of my favourite authors when it comes to horror and suspense!
@imsilver (1669)
Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors and I own most of his books now.. as for my favorite.. that'd be hard but I'd have to say either "One door away from heaven" or "from the corner of his eye" both of them seemed to just grab me right from the start.
I'm waiting for the third of the Frankenstein series to come out. Unless I missed it and it already did. I enjoyed Life Expectancy. I liked the first Odd Thomas book but not the second.
@XxAngelxX (2835)
I LOVE Dean Koontz, but I don't think I could pick a favorite. All his books are just incredible. There are very few authors I know by name, despite the fact that I love reading, but his I definitely know. He's great. If I had to pick a favorite, I think I'd pick Lightning, just because it was so interesting how he tied everything together in the end.
@lvap0628 (731)
I too enjoy reading his books. My favorites are Lightning, Watchers and Phantoms. He takes you to the darkest parts of a human soul, and yet his characters always manage to find strength and love.
I love Dean Koontz. I would say I've probably read about 85% of what he is written. I'm still working on the list. I've even read a lot of the old stuff, and stuff he wrote under pseudonames. My favorites are "The Taking", "Strangers" and "Mr. Murder".
I guess everybody has different tastes. I read one of his earlier novels and could barely finish it because it was so badly written. Maybe he's improved since then, but I'm not interested enough in that kind of novel to try him again.
@ebfh2006 (179)
I love Dean Koontz and Stephen King. My favorite has to be Watchers.
@Myrilia (212)
I really enjoyed the two Frankstein books that he coauthored! I've been watching for the third one to come out, but haven't seen it yet. It's been over a year since the second was released, I hope he hasn't canned the series.
@brimia (6584)
I just finished a Dean Koontz book, The Taking. It was very strange. It was a pretty fast read and still had good detail. There was some gore but not too bad.
My favorite is the first Koonyz I read...Watchers. Ever since I have wanted an Einstein. Actually, right now I am reading 'By the Light of the Moon'. I liked the first Odd Thomas alot, Forever Odd was OK, and I really didn't like Brother Odd.