The greatest country in the world

Britain is the greatest country in history, want to know why? 1) nearly everything useful was invented by a briton: Including the light bulb; electric motor; motor car; telephone; television; steam engine; radar; Radio; photography; Penicilin; Internal combustion engine; Jet engine; and even most importantly for everyone on here the World Wide Web 2) The language we are all speaking today is that of ourselves 3) keeping on the inventing things line- most sports are british 4) we gave you the industrial revolution without which where would the world be right now? 5) we rule the waves, and don't forget it 6) We defeated the french on numerous occasions 7) our culinary delights are world famous 8) we discovered most of the world, including the USA, which was not discovered by Christopher Columbus 9) The railways connected the world in much shorter time 10) Tea and Beer, these just made us GREAT Britain Disagree with my findings? thats OK, just tell me why you disagree and i will prove to you why you are wrong. Enjoy
@shywolf (4520)
LOL, I'm not about to disagree with you. The main reason that I'm not too sorry that I don't live in Britain myself is because I hear that it rains there so often. I do love the rain, but I wouldn't want to be stuck in it that often. In every other way, as far sa I'm concerned, you have the best tv, the best radio, the best music around, and I am pretty much a displaced Brit living in America anyway. I mean, that's how I feel in my heart. But since I can hear all your music and see most of your tv anyway now thanks to the internet, I don't mind, because i love where I live. But I still love Britain the most! ^_^
it doesn't rain that often. Why i remeber just last month when the sun came out. Boy that was an exciting day, once the fear of the giant yellow thing in the sky had subsided. damn it you nearly got me onto talking about the intricacies of the weather again. Why are we brits so obsessed with the weather? its crazy i tell thee. Goddnight
Sorry dear sir but for personal reasons I cannot respond to your kind invitation.
@msqtech (15226)
I would definately like to know how the inventor or all your items was a briton and how they invented most sports as many sports existed long before britain did. I guess you are just trying to be controversial but you have to be wrong about many things. that you include in your littany especially your thinking that the USA was discovered by English when the french and dutch were there in most of it before them and the spanish before that.
firstly sports: Football, tennis, cricket, rugby, badminton all british, and they are all the sports that matter, and i don't think many sports existed before the UK did, it has been around for several thousand years. prove to me that a british person didn't invent any of the things i mentioned? I'm not saying one person invented them all but they were all invented by britons. Here is a list: light Bulb: Sir Joseph Swan electric motor: Michael faraday telephone: Alexander graham Bell Television: John logie Baird Steam engine: Various people (but you can't srgue with me over this one) radar: Sir Robert Watson Radio: D.E. Hughes Photography: Thomas Wedgewood Penicilin: Alexander Fleming Internal Combustion engine: Samual Brown Jet Engine: Sir Frank Whittle World wide web: Tim Berners Lee (i think he may now be a Sir) In 1170 Welsh prince Madog ab Owain Gwynedd sailed from Wales in search of new lands and reached America. He then returned to Wales to tell his fellow countrymen of the great wonders that he had found. They are believed to have landed at Mobile Bay, Alabama and then travelled up the Alabama river along which there are several forts said by the local Cherokee Indians to have been constructed by "White People". These structures have been dated to several hundred years before Columbus and are of a similar design to Dolwyddelan Castle. An Indian tribe was discovered in the 18th century called the Mandans. This tribe were described as white men with forts, towns and permanent villages laid out in streets and squares. They claimed ancestry with the Welsh and spoke a language remarkably similar to it. Unfortunately the tribe was wiped out by a smallpox epidemic introduced by traders in 1837. A memorial tablet has been erected at Port Morgan, Mobile Bay, Alabama which reads: "In memory of Prince Madog, a Welsh explorer, who landed on the shores of Mobile Bay in 1170 and left behind, with the Indians, the Welsh language." I apologise it wasn't an Englishman but a welshman