lonely

Does your life ever seem like it is going nowhere? Like you are just drifting down a stream? I feel thay way today. Perhaps it is because I have no one to call me on the phone or to go to see. Perhaps it is just hearing the rain drip off of the roof and feeling the cold day after day.
@lucy02 (5017)
Oh yes, I've felt that way many times. Do you have any children?
@lucy02 (5017)
Never mind. I just read on one of your other discussions that you have a child with autism.
@cjsmom (1423)
Yes, albert...I feel that way most days. If it weren't for my son, CJ, I just don't know. I don't have any friends really that I can talk to or do things with. Just one would be nice; I'm not greedy. That's why I'm glad I found mylot; I've met some really nice people that I feel I can actually call friends. Some days are better than others for me. Probably the same for you.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
I do feel that way quite alot. I feel like there is no way to get the boat to move.lol. We only have a handful of friends and I hate to bother our families all the time. The weather doesn't help either, but hopefully we will see the sunshine soon. Life will start looking up. Just look around at what you have and all the people that love you. You always have friends here that you can discuss things with. By the way, I did get your message, but for some reason I can't respond to them. I have gotten ahold of Mylot but they have never gotten back with me.
@sunnypub (2132)
I have certainly felt like that and I think everyone else has at one point or another. I agree that the weather can have a huge impact on how you feel. The thing to remember is that it is just a feeling and it will go away. Everyone has a purpose even if you aren't sure what it is. Try watching a funny movie or curling up with a good book and let your imagination take you places where you can meet new people. that always seems to work for me. Embrace the feeling and run with it for a day and enjoy yourself. get to know yourself better. USe the time instead of just letting it pass you by. I actaully sometimes look forward to these types of days because I tend to nto spend enough time with myself in general and these days are my time to to that.