Having good communication with your pre-teen(s) to teenagerss...

mother's love - A bond between a mother and child is a beautiful thing...
@mzbubblie (3840)
Pre-Teenagers I tell you it has it's moments just as the stories you hear with parents and teenagers. I have a pre-teen who in the past couple years I have watched him developed his own little personality, some self-independence in somethings, like not having to tell him things over and over, he just do them...I've watched my son grow and as he grow not only am I'm learning alot about him, but also alot about myself (how much patience do I really have. I was the parent that thought I could protect him from everything, not giving him a chance to be himself. Something happened, Mommy was right there to save the day...He's upset about something, Mommy was there to make it better. Never giving him a chance to just talk to me about it... I've wised up and now communicate with him more where he listens and respect me as being a parent and not afraid to talk to me about different things. It took time because I'm a mother and yes he is my baby no matter how old he gets...But, I want him to have a self of independence... My first rule of thumb is I listen to him, I've learned to pay close attention to what he is saying. That was the best thing that ever happened. Our bond is much closer than before... He has chores which to me establish helpful habits and good atitudes about work. I also feel it teaches him vaulable lessons about life and creates an understanding that there are jobs that must be done to run a household. Being involved and interested in my child's life. We spend quality time together, doing things together. There are so many things I enjoy doing being a part of my son life. No, he's not going to be a momma's boy in adulthood, but, he will know and believe I'm going always be there for him if he needs me. I enjoy being able to talk to my son about school, his life, likes or dislikes etc...Don't that just make you proud as a parent to watch your child(ren) grow and know he will come to you before anyone about advice or opinions or anything... How is/was it raising your child(ren)...Do you have any memorable moments you would like to share...Being if your child(ren) grown up now, how do you feel about your parenting skills and raising them. How are they today...
@lifeiseasy (2292)
This is a really cool discussion. Last night my 18 yr. old daughter came home from work and she just had to vent lol... The woes of having a boss ..lol I just sat and listened to her...I remember Mom coming home and feeling the same way too .. Just glad that now we can share with each other about everything... :) Before she didn't want to listen to the " boss woes" ...part of growing up. I was very proud of her last night.
@mzbubblie (3840)
I found as I gotten older those things my parents use to tell me, I find myself doing..I may not have looked like i was listening but I actually did...