Has Supernanny helped you?

I can personally say it's helped me alot! Me and my husband love the show! It has given me many ideas! I love the sitting in the corner or the naughty space. It worked for me because my kids hate it! So they tend to remember that when they do something bad! lol!
@zuri25 (2128)
Supernanny Jo Frost                                - Supernanny Jo Frost
I love supernanny! My three year old daughter and I watch it together. She says "He hit his mommy, that's not very nice!" Then she sees the kid get punished and I talk to her about why. Since we've been watching the show, she has gotten much better about not hitting me or anyone else. I don't have to put her in time out nearly as much as I used. So, yeah, I would say supernanny has helped me. It's also nice to know that I'm not the only parent who sometimes feels like a failure at parenting.
Lol! I know, my kids have seen parts of the show while we were watching and looked really surprised at how the kids were acting. I guess we're not doing too bad if that surprises our kids and they think it's bad! Thanks.
@zuri25 (2128)
You've got a point there lol. Thanks for best response. I appreciate it.
• Netherlands
I always look forward to this Tv program. I do learn from it. Although I don't have to practice the sitting corner to my daughter since most of the time she listen to us and hasn't really did something that makes us really angry. By rising my voice, she'll know when I'm angry or not. Still, I love watching this program to see how nanny handle this children problems properly.
Well that's great, you don't have to use all those disciplining techniques, too bad all parents couldn't be that lucky sometimes! Thanks for responding!
I love Supernanny and can't wait for the program to return. Nanny 911 is not quite as good. I have learned a lot from Jo, wish I had this when I was a young mom. I only use it on my 2 yr old grandson, who pushes buttons already. I sure wish his mom (especailly) would watch this. Already she can't control her 2 boys (2&3).
Oh, that's not good! Hopefully she can watch it one of these days, I know it's helped alot who have watched it. Thanks for responding!
@aquarian9 (549)
We have tried a few things that we saw. Some worked and some did not. The trouble with shows like is longevity. What happens after the show leaves? Do the families truely learn how to function. To watch the show, we see parents that are very distressed because they have less than adaquate skills.
That is true. Me and my husband have also thought about that. What happens after the show leaves. I do believe alot of those families go back to the same thing. Who knows, maybe they get help for a little after the show leaves. Thanks.
@cowgirl2701 (2081)
I love Super Nanny and Nanny 911. They both have some great ideas. My kids are grown but I do have a grandchild. Some of the things on the shows I used with my kids. I just can't believe how out of control some of the kids are. My grand baby just turned one and she already knows what no means. I don't understand how you let your child get that out of control.
I know, me and my husband are shocked at some of those shows. I can't ever imagine my children ever getting out of control like some of those kids do! It makes me crazy just watching some of them!
@sedel1027 (17868)
I think the Supernanny is a great show. There are things that she reminds be about doing that I use to do with my son when he was younger, but are still effective now that he is almost 8. Unfortunately, the naughty corner doesn't work for me, I wish it did!
Well that's good, you love the show too. I know alot of the shows are in disciplining younger ones. I also have an 8 year old, I sit her in my room and have her think about what she did wrong and why she's in there, and you know what's funny, after the 8 minutes of going in there a few times at first I'd open the door and she's cleaning my dresser and organizing my stuff on there and has a totally different attitude afterwards. I have to tell her though afterwards, she's not in there to clean, she's in there to sit and think about what she did wrong, but she understands the whole concept now. Thanks and good luck!