What are your cat's quirks?

@dmillman (2273)
My cat is afraid of plastic bags. Now the second we go into the closet where we keep the bags, she takes off. My cat hates the vaccuum cleaner even more. She'll hide in the cubbyhole for hours on end. Does the same thing when she hears the neighbor's vaccuum cleaner too. My cat doesn't like other people at all. She takes off and won't come down until she knows that they're gone. I have some friends live with me for a few weeks, and they never saw my cat. Her new thing is to sleep on my husbands belly. It is rather large, so it's probabaly comfortable - but it's just weird.
@cabergren (1181)
I have three young female cats. Two of them will stay out when I vacuum but stay clear of the vacuum. The other one is so scared that she hides even before I start vacuuming. She knows that every Sunday I vacuum and she is hidden first thing in the morning. She usually doesn't come out until a couple of hours after I have finished.
@dmillman (2273)
It's weird to me because I used to have cats that would chase the vacuum cleaner, but this one hides. At least she's not the only one. Thanks for the post!
I have 4 cats. They each have their own funny ways about them.. Meeca loves her belly rubbed while most cats do not. She actually flops over and demands a petdown before you proceed past her. Nemo is 23 pounds of fat and fur but he is scared of EVERYTHING! He is the most scared jumpy big fluff ball that I have ever seen. Dory entertains the other cats by pulling a string around the house. And the smallest will eat everyone elses food before eating her own, she thinks everytime you walk into the kitchen she needs a bite of food. She sucks up more than a hoover, yet weighs about 4 pounds and doesnt have an ounce of fat on her. Well thats my story.. good discussion!
@dmillman (2273)
Interesting how each cat has its own quirks and personality. Isn't the little one lucky to be able to eat all that and not gain weight. Has to be the metabolism and will catch up to her one day, like humans. LOL! I'm glad you've enjoyed the discussion!
@Denmarkguy (1845)
I actually have four cats (which makes me the male equivalent of a "cat lady," but that's a whole different discussion), and they each seem to have their quirks. The most unusual are probably Big, who feels compelled to try to "bury" the food dish after each time he's done eating. Of course, there's nothing there to bury it with, so he basically scraps the table. Shadoe was a stray, but I get the sense she was partially trained by her former owners-- she's truly not really happy until she can ride around on someone's shoulders, wrapped around their neck. Sometimes she comes up to me a stares at me with big eyes and meows forelornly until I pick her up and put her on my shoulders.
@dmillman (2273)
Well, at least your cat purrs for your attention and lets you pick her up. Not my cat. She's affentionate, but on her own terms. If you pick her up or touch her belly to do so, she'll hiss a claw at you. First time I've ever had a cat like this one. Thank for your post.
My cat is not afraid of the vacuum. He is, however, afraid of the Swiffer Sweeper. Go figure.
@dmillman (2273)
That is strange. I figure that as far as proportions go, it probably seems like a big red monster to her. Then again if I were hit by a car, I'd be afraid of noisy objects too I guess.