engagement years

@aprilten (1977)
To those who are married like myself, how long were you engaged or dating before you finally tied the knot with your spouse? Was it a long one or a short one, whirlwind romance, as they say. So which one is it?
I'm not married yet. Hopefully one day I will be. But I plan to have a long engagement and not a very short one. Because I think people need time to get to know one another before deciding on getting married. You need to be sure.
@aprilten (1977)
you're right. better to get to know your partner before making it a commitment for life.
My fiance and I have been together for over five years. We've been engaged for 5 months. Our total engagement time will be 2 years and 3 days lol.
@aprilten (1977)
well, what can i say. keep the fire burning. have a happy life together. thanks.
we dated then lost connection. 2 years after we met again. dated for a month then we became a couple. the engagement? july the year before .. then we got married june the year after.. so almost 1 year of engagement.
@aprilten (1977)
I'd say you're really meant for each other. Having been separated for two and still end up with each other, you truly are meant to end up together. Have a happy married life. Thanks for sharing.
@smkwan2007 (1037)
Mine was a long one. My girlfriend and I had been dating for several year before we got married. At first we meet each other in a Church. Once we found we have similar interests and ways of seeing the world we started dating and enjoyed our time together.
@aprilten (1977)
Thanks so much for sharing.
@denden (803)
I am not married or engage yet but i think engagement years are the years when you and your fiancee were gettong to know each other and making things stable. i doesn't matter if how long or short are you engage with your fiancee what the matter is that you know each other and you are financially stable.
@aprilten (1977)
I agree with you, too. The strenght of the marriage doesn't depend on the lenght of engagement. Thanks for sharing your thoughts
@EdwardF (431)
I dated my wife for ten years before we got married. We were engaged for one of those years. We knew when we got married that we had found true love and it was going to last. We had an adult relationship and neither played games like other people we knew.
@aprilten (1977)
Same here. My husband and I got married ten years after. It may be a long engagement but we were never bored during those ten years. Time seems to pass without us noticing it. We noticed that only when both our parents were pushing us to get married and asking us what we're waiting. So we got married and still are for almost 16 yars now. Thanks for sharing.