Scotch Eggs

Scotch Eggs - That's what scotch eggs are all about, yep.
@Eisenherz (2912)
Portugal
Scotch eggs are served in most pubs throughout England as a snack. In Scotland, they are served for breakfast. They are also wonderful for picnics. 4 medium eggs (at room temperature) 1 pound bulk pork sausage 1 cup all-purpose flour seasoned with salt and freshly-ground pepper 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs Oil (for deep frying) Pierce each egg with a pin at its rounded end. Place eggs carefully into a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and when the water is really bubbling, immediately cover with the pan lid and remove from the heat. Leave them for 10 minutes, then run cold water over and around the eggs in the pan for 2 minutes. While the water is running onto them, crack them so that some of the moisture gets in. Peel the eggs carefully. Divide the sausage meat into four equal pieces and roll each out on a lightly floured surface into a 5- to 6-inch circle. Put seasoned flour in one bowl, the egg-milk mixture in the second, and breadcrumbs in the third. Dip a shelled egg into the egg mixture, then in flour. Repeat with each shelled egg. Now place each egg onto a circle of sausage meat and bring up the sides to enclose egg completely. Hold it in both hands and squeeze gently to eliminate the air. Dip each ball into the egg mixture and finally roll each in the breadcrumbs. Heat oil to 375 degrees F to 400 degrees F. Fry 2 eggs at a time until each egg is a deep brown all over, about 10 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining 2 balls. To serve as a main course dish, halve each ball. As an appetizer, quarter each ball. Serve with English mustard. These can be made 3 days ahead and refrigerated, but not frozen.
@Dolcerina (3379)
• Hungary
It looks good!
@Eisenherz (2912)
• Portugal
It really is Dolcenrina...can you cook? :)
@Dolcerina (3379)
• Hungary
No I can not, but I keep trying :DDD
@lauriefnp (5112)
I have never heard of these. I'm not sure if I would like them, but I would try them. However, I was excited to see this because this is the kind of thing my Dad loves, and I'll bet he has never had them. He loves pickled beets and eggs as a snack. I can't wait to try these. I'm going to go out and get some eggs and sausage tomorrow and make these for him. Thanks for posting this!
@Eisenherz (2912)
• Portugal
You're very welcome! It really indeed is very rewarding to see people taking my recipes into account and saying that they're willing to try it soon. Let me know what your dad thinks of it, and good luck.