why married people pretend to be single?

@alecs76 (657)
Philippines
January 25, 2007 1:24am CST
many married persons pretend to be available on the net, on work, on parties. do you why?
9 responses
@limcyjain (3523)
• India
25 Jan 07
Neither me nor my husband ever pretend to be single. Rather we attend all functions, parties together and prefer not to attend one if for some reason we cant move out together.
@alecs76 (657)
• Philippines
31 Jan 07
there's some function that one can't attend like a wedding that's only one is invited or a school reunion. it happened to us last weekend. it's my partner's reunion and of course i can't come and i don't want to. since i'm not from their school, i don't know the people and what i'm going to do there. i can't talk all night to my husband and preventing others from speaking to him. also there's bachelors or bridal shower party where only one must attend. for us, we respect what one wants. its just trusting each other that we're just going to be fine even one is not around. =p
• United States
31 Jan 07
I'm not married but I know what you are talking about. I think my bf is one of those people! And I think men pretend to be single more than women do. His myspace says single, I told him to change it but I guess he forgot! I don't really care if he pretends to be single because I know that at the end of the day he's coming home to me. Besides we have a baby and I know that she means the world to him and if he ever did cheat....being away from his baby would be the worst thing that could happen. I like when guys hit on me. It makes me feel good that men still find me attractive.
• United States
31 Jan 07
Hi! I think some people pretend to be someone else they are not (like saying that they are single when in fact they aren't) either because they derive excitement living in an "alternate" world, or simply because they are looking for a hook-up. This is very common in the net. You can just say what you want, nobody can really see you (or know you) and you are more confident in expressing yourself. Later on, this gives you the added courage to even meet up and keep up with the pretension. At work and parties, these are usually for reasons of looking for a hook-up. If you have any other ideas about this, I would like to know.
@baby88 (696)
• Singapore
31 Jan 07
everyone have their own reason so its hard tell why. for me i always said im married n i never lied abt this. im proud to have a good hubby so i just dunno y they hv to tell lie. pretending to be available for wat i see the person is trying their luck to look for new partner online. or maybe 1 night stand or something.
@angelco (347)
• Philippines
31 Jan 07
actually i have some friends who are still pretending that they are single...and i ask them why?...its because they have not really enjoy their singlehood they still want to do the things which single persons can do like they still want to go on dating :)
@cheenlly (3485)
• Philippines
31 Jan 07
of course to be able to be mingled and flirt and attract or have a new relationship. They are called as liers and cheaters.
• United States
25 Jan 07
Married people pretend to be single for the simple fact that they want to have the benefits that single people have, which is to date more. I know not for all. Or maybe it's because they met an attractive person, they couldn't resist the temptation. But that is really cheating you know guys...
@angeliq (82)
• Romania
25 Jan 07
Moust of the pll who would say tht they r single but in fact they r soo maried r men's in 80% of the cases.The rest of 20% r the wommen's who r dissapointed whith their marriage.Why?Why do they do this? Because the world is separated between irrezistible wommens/men's(who r'nt theirs)and nagging ones (the rest).The odd thing is tht the irrezistible ones becone suddently naggy after they r caught whit a ring on theyr finger. We all get bored whith the thinghs we r used to,witch we know how they function,why they r out of order and how we can fix them.Other's toy's r always more beautiful.Toys r fascinating at any age.We all like toys but ppl r'nt to play with!
@Bhutto (742)
• India
25 Jan 07
The joy of single is so good that no body wants to give up at any time of his life.i am married but i call myself as married bachelor.I wish i was single all my life with friends and my loved ones.