Dear John Letter, Have you sent one or ever received one? Why?

@catherIN (430)
Have you ever received a dreaded "Dear John " letter? Would you have rather had the person break it off in person? Or do you think it was easier not having to hear it face to face? Have you ever sent a Dear John type letter? If so,why? Why not tell the person face to face that you want to end the relationship? I've always been curious for the reasons behind these types of letters. I would assume there are many.
I have never sent or recieved a Dear John letter . I also belive that if the cowards way out . If you want to end a relationship , you should have the courage to say so to the person's face and at least explain your reasons why you want to end the relationship .
@catherIN (430)
That's the way I feel.But,I know that there are people who end relationships this way. I just don't understand why. The only reason I can come up with would be if the person they were ending it with was someone who is violent. But,fear of violence doesn't apply to every situation.
Yes , I agree completely with you .
Persons who are bitter in life will do this. They want to share their anguish thus they resort to writing letters which will make others as miserable as they are. The letters may contain half truths or purely concocted things. It will be best for you not to be bothered by any of these. You'll soon find out that the letters will stop coming if you'll show them you are unaffected.