Why is it that the color of the sky is blue?

I wonder why is it that the color of the sky is blue? What is the reason behind it? what is the reason scientifically, theologically, or philosophically? can you specify further? thanks.
@kavita23 (2996)
becoz it is blue that's why it look blue. just joking . ur answer is . The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air. However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules (mostly Nitrogen). The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue. As you look closer to the horizon, the sky appears much paler in color. To reach you, the scattered blue light must pass through more air. Some of it gets scattered away again in other directions. Less blue light reaches your eyes. The color of the sky near the horizon appears paler or white. have a nice day.
Wow thats intellectual response. Thanks for that response my friend. Hope that you will discuss more and more here at mylot. Good luck.
@kavita23 (2996)
thnx my friend for selecting me as a good response. well good luck,have a nice day. & a very happy mylot day.
@ravibabli (1558)
sky - ..
Actully it is scientifically that many gases be in the sky it's reflection look sky blue.
Wow, thats a solid one. Thats for that good response my friend. Good luck.
interesting question. i tell you the answer. bcz i painted it blue so it is blue. so simple yaar.
Thanks my friend. I'll be waiting for your response. Good luck.
@Rasnie (1137)
I think that is because of the reflection of the sea because of most of the part of this world the biggest is the ocean.
You have an idea my friend. What else is your idea about this?
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I do not really know a good reason why the sky is blue. I suppose it has something to do with the gases missing with the air somewhat.
I think you have a point my friend. Maybe because of the chemicals that can be found in the sky and so if the sun will strike those chemicals, i will be look like blue. Or maybe, it is because of the Ozone Layer that are in our athmosphere. The atmosphere that covers our earth in order for sun not to strike directly to the earth so that the earth will receive not too much heat. I think that is my idea that coencides also with your idea.
@istanto (8572)
The sky is not blue actually. it just because human eyes have limit to see the far object. in this case human eyes cannot see the out world it will manipulated to blue color. that's why wee see sky is blue. if you see sky from mars it will blue too. ^_^
@carmat (2850)
I dont know why the sky is blue, Ive never really questions it I guess. God created the earth,,and sky why question it. It is very beautiful.
@inovator (603)
i dont know...its gods gift....