I watch the movie - I dont read the books!

@Bee1955 (3886)
I just saw another stupid person post away a Harry Potter plot when the the movie is not even out yet (it comes out in Summer). DONT go on here ASSUMING everyone knows about what is to happen in the book! It spoils the pleasure of the unknown for the rest of us when the movie does arrive. I chose not to read the book before the movie because I dont want to feel too upset if Hollywood changes things.
@Idlewild (6105)
If people are going to discuss the plot, etc. they should put the word SPOILER in caps in the title of the discussion and the start of the discussion. That way if somebody doesn't want to find out details they can skip the discussion, or the parts of it that give away plot details.
That is a really good idea! I will make sure to do that if I do post anything, hopefully that does help out those who do not want to know about the movie via the book.
I totally agree with you. I started watching the movies before reading the book, then of course I got farther in the books than the movies. When I did see the 4th movie (after reading the book) I was somewhat dissapointed becaues of all the things Hollywood left out. The movies are great, don't get me wrong. Personally, if I had to do it all over again, I would wait and watch the movie then read the book for "additional info". I did like it better that way. However, I will be reading the last book when it comes out, I have no patience! I will not tell people who do not ask what happens what does happen. I would not want to ruin it for everyone else.
Well, fans have to and will discuss things related to the book as most of them have read the book. But I understand your sentiments. One should give a Spoiler Warning before posting any discussion related to a forthcoming movie.
well if you are basing your knowledge of harry potter solely on the movie, then you are missing a lot because the movies that have come out havent really been successful in putting in the movie version all the details... and i dont blame them coz its really hard to make a 2-3 hour movie on a book with 500-800 pages of magical world like harry's world. dont mean to be harsh, but if you wanna make the best of the hogwarts and all the characters, i strongly suggest you read the book.
as for me, knowing the plot of the movie before i actually see it doesn't spoil my watching it. watching a movie for is about the images, how they are presented, the visual entertainment, the effect of sounds, even the feel of being in the moviehouse. i could know how the story would go but then going to the movies is about seeing them come out of the pages and be real. take "the DA Vinci Code" for instance, i got to read the book because of all the hype about it. then the movie came out, and i saw changes from the book as far as situations are concerned. it didn't affect my viewing it. what affected me though is the presentation, tom hanks wasn't convincing being in the lead role. and the movie itself made me sleepy.
@jricbt (1455)
• Brazil
It would be good if people started their topics with something like : Spoilers Ahead, do not open this discussion if you have not read the book X or saw the movie Y. Would be really good.