How many languages do you speak besides your native language?

In my case, it is English and Japanese. English is thought in schools here in the Philippines while my Japanese I just learned thru self-help. =) How about you?
@fizzytom (762)
• Maribor, Slovenia
Fluent French and German, OK Spanish and Italian, basic Slovene, travelers Russian, a little Croatian and Portuguese. Not bad for an English person! Most English people don't have a second language
Yeah. I agree. Most Englishmen just stick with their native language for it is the global language. =) Good for you. =)
Yeah, i agree. I know people who say things like 'why learn another language when everyone can just learn english' and it really annoys me. I mean, i dont know a lot myself but when i visit Spain and France i am able to speak to the people i meet in their own language.
Well I know Romanian that's native.. then English, it's thought in schools here, been learning it for over 10 years.. then a bit of French, also thought in school, I've been studying it for like 5 years and I can barely put-up 3 sentances, I hate it. Then.. I can just understand but not talk Spanish. I think that's all.. wanna learn Japanese though, sounds interesting
Yeah. I think the Japanese language is the most interesting foreign language one can learn. =) It just sounds.. nice. =)
@omidmao (744)
in my case , english , hendi , persian
@charlie69 (334)
Well im English and i know quite a bit of French from when i was at school and from visits to France. I also know a little Spanish mainly from family holidays when i was younger, i just picked up some basic things and also my father speaks quite a bit Spanish so he taught me a few things i should need to know while visiting Spain.
Hmmm... I know english since it's taught here in the country (Philippines..^_^ Yeah, I'm a Filipino). I know a few japanese words and phrases and I'm also studying through books and watching a lot of anime stuff and jdramas!^_^ For now, I'm trying to learn more japanese, and maybe I'd get to read and write in japanese too (Kanji, katakana, Hiragana?). My friends go crazy when I try to speak in japanese because they don't understand what I say that's why it's so fun! It's very nice to learn different languages, ne?^_^ Hajimemashite!^_^ Aeriad desu. Douzo yoroshiku.^_^
Lansu desu. Kochira kozo. =)
my mother tongue is malayalam, but the other languages i speak are tamil, kannada, hindi, english and arabic. so that makes it 5 n as i lov learning different languages im lookin forward to learn more.
Wow! You have a potential to be a linguist. In my case, I am pretty contented with the languages that I know, especially Japanese. =) You should try learning it too. =)
i'm a filipino, tagalog is my native language, i knw french, english, japanese, and latin.