Hey parents

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
Would you allow your child to have a coed sleep over ever? What about before before then are in the tween age group? or a teenager?
I have allowed co-ed sleepovers but all of them require the boys to sleep downstairs, the girls upstairs and my door remains open at all times to hear it all! LOL I have twin teens, boy/girl and that sometimes does end up with me having both boys and girls sleeping over at the same time. If it's a matter of one friend each, they go to their own rooms with friends. If it's a party or sleepover then they do the upstairs and downstairs thing.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I never even thought about if you had twins what would you do. I guess in a case like yours I might actually do the same as you. I say I guess because who knows what I would actually do since I will never be in that situation.
@KrisNY (7609)
My daughter has had boys over for the night. However they are cousins. She is 10 now. No-- I would not allow a co-ed sleepover. I do allow boys over for parties but they must be picked up before bedtime (always a set time for pick-up) and the girls stay over. It's sad to say but in this day and age kids are growing up too fast. I wouldn't let my child stay over at a co-ed party either. As teenagers- I think it would still be no. but who knows my views may change before my daughter hits her teens.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I think that that the limits you have set is what I would do no matter what age.
@disvachic (10125)
My two daughters are 9 and 12.I dont think i would allow them to have a coed sleepover.I dont know if im being overprotected but i just cant see myself letting them do that.For parties yes but not sleep overs.
@beckyomg1 (6761)
i dont think that i would let them have a coed if they were over 9 or ten.
@runsgame (2034)
normally in india this is not allowed for a grown up childs. as soon as the gal growned up will be separated .
@tammytwo (4305)
No way, that is just asking for trouble at any age.
@missyd79 (3442)
if i knew the parents that were hosting the party then sure why not, i mean i had alot of guy friends growing up and i think it would have been better to have sleep overs with them then with the girls.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I had a lot of guy friends growing up also. I do not think my mother ever liked the idea of me spending the night at their home, I was also friends wit their sisters, because we would all get into trouble.Not anything major just thinks like TPing homes and stupid things we were to young to even think of other kind of trouble.
@sunshinecup (7882)
Nope, not an option. Call me old fashioned but not a good idea at all. Hormones play strange things on young minds. We adults should not naively put our children in positions in which they may not be able to handle. So for me personally, never.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I do not disagree with you at all! Why put the temptation there if you do not need to
@BittyBiddy (2905)
No, I wouldn't allow my daughters to have a sleep over with boys, at least not in my house or anyone elses house. Our local youth group were considering having a sleep over but it would be very heavily supervised. This I would see as being ok although I consider my daughter too young to participate at the moment. She's only 14.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I would not let my child participate at that age either even if it were a heavily supervised youth group event.
@emeraldisle (13158)
No I wouldn't. Not that I don't trust her but it just sets it up for way too many problems. Not only between the ones in the room but also now a days with how easy it is to accuse people of doing inappropriate things I think having the mixed party is asking for trouble. Doesn't matter if nothing happens it's just too easy to say there was
@razcal2267 (15577)
Better to err on the side of caution. I hear ya . Very smart move as a parent.
I didn't start letting my girls have sleep overs until they were teenagers and no way would the boys get to stay. We started co-ed birthday parties when they were in 6th grade but never a sleep over. It's not right in my opinion.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I agree with you. I do not see a reason to invite the chance for "trouble"
@lpetges (3037)
when they are in high school, they sometimes all stay at a parents house after a dance (like prom or homecoming).. they do it all the time around here. We all know eachothers parents, and feel ok about it. They all hang out in a group and are good kids. (i'm not being dumb, i know what they sometimes will do), but for the most part its a supervised home, and we see no harm in it. There is a curfew in our town, and its better that they are off the roads late anyway.
@ronita34 (3923)
This would be a hard descision for me and it would depend if it was supervised or not! I might consider it if it is a supervised co-ed sleep over in different rooms or something!
@emarie (5455)
i think it depends on how well i know their friend. i would have to know them pretty well, meaning its like one of my childs best friends. although as long as it was at my house, i don't think i would have that much of a problem with it.
Oh I'm afraid not. I think it's just asking for trouble to allow this kind of thing. I know it's growing in popularity in some places but I would never allow my kids to host one or to attend one. I even have a problem with my daughter being at her boyfriend's house because his bedroom happens to be in the basement, where they spend their socializing time. Since I don't believe they are supervised and can freely go in his room, if they choose to, it's rare that she is allowed to go there. I'm, by far, not a prude -- but I think that we have to teach our young people to have self-respect in addition to respecting others. Letting them sleep together (or "technically" in close proximity) sends the wrong message, in my view.
NO....not now, not ever!!