TOILET PAPER, we all use it......

@AskAlly (3627)
From the skimpy 1 ply in public washrooms, the 2 ply pillowy stuff and the luxurious 3 ply. Which do you buy?
@patootie (3593)
I have to buy the 'non' shedding kind .. some of the toilet rolls have so many tiny dust particles on them when you wind off a piece of the roll it flies all over the bathroom and that's no good when you are asthmatic .. I also like the really nice thickest and softest kind .. not coloured just a nice clean and fresh white roll .. The main thing with a toilet roll is that it must be 'poke proof' and also doesn't shred into pieces when you use it ... Hahahah and I never thought I would be discussing my toilet roll choices with 62,000 complete strangers ...
@mari61960 (4895)
I know what you mean, make that 62,975 people and growing...lol
@brokentia (10396)
That is awesome! "poke proof" hahahaha You know, I never thought I would be discussing this with so many people either. ha ha But I have got to say, there are some great comments that often make me laugh! Thanks for sharing your views that the toilet paper must be poke proof. :) LOL
@AskAlly (3627)
Poke Proof gets you best answer!
@missyd79 (3438)
i buy the 2 ply, Charmins big roll. I hate having to be the only in this house that changes the toliet paper roll so i buy the big roll so i don't have to do it as often.
@AskAlly (3627)
I wish they would have had the large rolls when I had my kids at home!
@mari61960 (4895)
We use cottonelle at our house. Nice and soft yet stong enough to do the job. I actually used to prefer scott toilet paper. But now that I am back living with my mother I just use cottonelle. It has ridges for better cleaning I guess. Okay enough abut butt wipe...lol
@AskAlly (3627)
I guess I could have posted about which tissue we use when we have a cold?
@Willowlady (10666)
Scott toilet paper is what we buy since my hubby says it is the best for the money to buy it. More per roll that any other and so is the best buy! 1500 sq ft and turns out to be 1 ply. Works for us since there are 4 of us and has 1000 sheets per roll.
@AskAlly (3627)
I get Royale 2 ply. It's habit. The boys complained too much if it was 1 ply
@ossie16d (11834)
Well I jsut couldn't resist responding to this one AskAlly, particularly as a couple of months ago when someone was complaining about the discussions, I said that if a person really tried they could make a decent response of at least 2 paragraphs on toilet paper. So now I shall see if I can live up to my word, or if it was all a matter of hot air. LOL The thing with that skimpy stuff found in public toilets is that it is also available in the supermarket for the non-discerning consumers. That stuff means using at least 4 times as much as a decent ply toilet paper, and as one earlier respondent said it is not "poke proof". Also it is not economical, simply because of the amount that a normal person would use. Some of the two ply is okay, depending on the manufacturer, because some of it has the texture of bark of a pine tree as far as I am concerned. Not that I can ever remember using bark for that purpose mind you but the comparison is there. The luxurious 3 ply is just wonderful, so smooth, so soft and oh so lovely. BUT why buy it, unless it is on a really good special price, just to flush down the loo I would have to ask. It is one thing to say how lovely it is, but I am also inclined to be a little bit frugal when it comes to this sort of thing. So, nice soft 2 ply, whatever the brand on special at the time, is the way to go as far as I am concerned. In saying that today a new supermarket opened in one of the towns we travelled through, and they had 16 rolls on special - half price actually - so I managed to get 2 packets, which is 32 rolls. The brand is wondersoft and it is okay too, so that is what we will be using for the coming months.
@AskAlly (3627)
Well you have accomplished your goal! I like three ply as well. I buy it with a decorative print of barbed wire on it. It was supposed to be just a novelty item, but now we seem to be using it all the time. It's like it is expected in our guest bathroom. Comments are made if it is not in my bathroom. Be very careful as to the president you set.lol.
@babyhar (1338)
I know that my other half & me tend to purchase 2 ply toilet paper. We find by purchasing this type of toilet paper that you are always getting your moneys worth by doing so. I find this type of toilet paper lasts us quite a long time & we're not having to buy toilet paper each week.. Like we used to do so by using 1 ply toilet paper all of the time. To me we weren't getting our moneys worth by purchasing toilet paper such as this. Now we seem to always be looking for 2 ply toilet paper as it lasts much longer compared to 2 ply that is for sure. I know that my other half & me love double roll because it comes in handy, but the type we buy tends to be very soft. I love toilet paper that lasts for a long period of time. As it helps to save on a lot of money if you have to keep on purchasing toilet paper all of the time. There we're so many times where when we purchased 1 ply toilet paper that our fingers would go right through the toilet paper. It was ridiculous. That's why I prefer using 2 ply toilet paper as this doesn't happen. I find 1 ply toilet paper to be so cheap & gets used so much faster. It never lasts for some reason. I find it's a cheaper type of toilet paper that just doesn't get the job done like 2 ply toilet paper does. I try to purchase the cheapest 2 ply toilet paper usually. A lot of the brand name items are usually on sale. We just got 2 ply toilet paper 2 rolls for only $2.00 as they are having a sale down here. I don't mind this toilet paper all to much either. I find it gets the job done. I find a lot of toilet paper that is put out on the market.. Whenever you use it a bunch of dust will go flying everywhere when you roll out a piece to use. I hate when that happens. In conclusion.. I know that my other half & me much rather prefer using 2 ply toilet paper compared to any other. I remember how we used to purchase 1 ply toilet paper all of the time.. And how much it would set us back each pay day because we we're always having to buy more all of the time. It never ended up lasting & was more of a headache more than anything. I think we will be sticking to using 2 ply toilet paper from now on. As we get our moneys worth. And we love toilet paper that is rather soft compared to any other out there! . . Thanks for allowing me to share! xx
@AskAlly (3627)
Who knew there could be such lengthy disucussions on toilet paper. I think its hilarious. It is such a necessity though. I like to get my money's worth as well.
We buy charmin 1 ply. We have a septic tank, so we need to be careful what we flush down the toilet. 2 and 3 ply will clog our toilets up.
@AskAlly (3627)
You are the second person that has said that. I wonder what the difference is between yours and ours. My boys and partents have septic as well and we all use 2 ply.
@matlgal (1687)
Well we live where we have a septic tank, so one ply is better on those. So I have to have 1 ply Cottonelle. It's the best 1 ply I have ever seen.
@AskAlly (3627)
We have a septic system as well. I can't say we have ever had a problem. Do you add any thing like "sept o bac" to yours? I just flush a packet of that down the toilet once a week.
I was at this really high end hotel that had toilet paper with baby powder on it. Fancy stuff... I'm guessing if someone was allergic to talc they may not think so though. : 0
@AskAlly (3627)
that could be nasty!!
At home my mom prefer to buy 2 fly of tissue paper. She said better that way because you can actually save money on that than buying 1 ply.
@AskAlly (3627)
I agree with your mom!
@brokentia (10396)
There is a 3 ply toilet paper? LOL Huh, who knew. Oh, you knew! :) I didn't know. I just thought it came in the stuff that feels like sandpaper that is one ply or the nice soft, thick, and fluffy stuff that is two ply. I like the Charmin Ultra. There are things that I will buy in generic form...but I will not buy toilet paper in generic. I like to pamper my butt. :)
@AskAlly (3627)
Yes there is and it is oooooh so soft and thick. Like Pattottie said, it is poke proof.
@lilaclady (28240)
At this point in time I have to buy what ever is on special but I do like the ones that are so called quilted and perfumed, they are beautiful...
@AskAlly (3627)
I like the good stuff too! I bought some 3 ply "gag" toilet paper that has barbed wire printed on it. It was just for fun and I hung it in the guest bathroom. After I used it once I put it in our own bathroom
@shywolf (4522)
My family basically buys whatever is on sale, lol! We've had some pretty nice stuff, right down to the one ply type that you usually only get in public restrooms. Especially restrooms at schools, lol - man, they always have the skimpiest paper, and they also make it really hard to pull off more than a sheet or two unless you're willing to take two minutes doing it very carefully and slowly! *laugh* But it really does vary, here at my house. Right now we have some pretty decent stuff, but we really have had from the best to the worst.
@AskAlly (3627)
I refuse to do the one ply especially after patootie's comment on "poke proof" toilet paper.
@lenywp (1964)
Toilet paper - We usually buy 2 ply toilet paper.
Gotta hate those thin 1 plys in public toilets..!
:)
Our family usually buys the 2 ply toilet papers, mostly Kleenex brand and also that other brand which has a feather on the packaging and says that 'loves your bum' LoL. I really do hate the 1 ply toilet papers they have in public toilets/restrooms/bathrooms because they are usually rough and you needs lots o squares so that they wouldn't rip. What a waste! It would probably be better for them to use a thicker paper, because that way people wouldn't use so much of it.
@snowflake5 (1580)
I tend to buy 2-ply Andrex. It's lovely and soft. I must admit I hate cheap toilet paper. This is one area I never skimp on!
@jolmartyn (133)
Got to admit I like the stuff the bears use! I am puzzled by one or two things. The first is the recycled bit. I really do not want to know that its been used before and by who! How do they get it back off the bears. Presumably bear toilet paper is poke-proof too.