Collecting gift cards

I have decided to collect gift cards and throw them in a box so that when I'm 65 years old I will have a chronicled history of gift cards and their many different designs. What do you think?
I think that if I did this I would drive my wife crazy!!! I think it's kind of a cool idea though ... as long as you use them first! Hate to waste all that money on a box of cards!
haha, actually, I just take them from the stands. tsk tsk i know.
@freak369 (4974)
People used to collect the phone cards and now some of them are worth a lot of money. I too swipe some of the cards from the kiosks, I know, that's so wrong. Be sure to hit Target around the holidays, they always have cool special or limited edition ones.
@flowerchilde (12518)
Hey I like that! I used to come across old cards, and thought I'd keep them, but then like a dummy, I've lost them.. I should go looking for some in the thrift stores.. Now hubby and I sit around and watch the car auctions.. the ones where people spruce up classic cars from the 70's and earlier and auction them for thousands and sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars.. Let's see, how many cars did we have in the 60's and 70's? I also threw away some of my old books once when I ran out of book shelves.. I think collections are good! (Don't throw them away or lose them!)