Another mouth to feed!

@manong05 (5030)
Why can some parents say this? Is it a serious statement or just an expression? Can a mother look at her child as just another mouth to feed?
while there are parents out there that mean it seriously...for the most part it is a verbal expression to vent frustration at income or lack thereof. as least here in the US, it is expensive to feed and cloth children, especially if the parents are working for minimum wages. and most arguements between spouses are about money. sad to say. not everyone wants to be rich i suppose, but we all want to be able to comfortably feed our children, and not have to worry about how to get the money for groceries next week.
@manong05 (5030)
I tend to agree that it is more of a verbal expression to feed and cloth children as you put it. I understand what you mean, if cases like this happen in the US, can you imagine how life is here in a thirld world country, and I often hear this statement and sometimes it's hard to distinguish between what is true to them or just a verbal expression of frustration. Cheers.