Anyone still fly kite

@venshida (4837)
I was curious as to whether anyone still flies kites. I remember ages ago my brothers would fly their kite during the Spring and they had so much fun. Anyone still flies kite if so do you make the kite?
@wmg2006 (5383)
Not so much anymore even though it is a lot windier here than when I was a child. Less trees, more house equals more wind. When I lived in Florida I would take my son to the beach and we would fly kites for hours. It was so easy at the beach. When I was a kid my Dad showed all of us how to make out own kite which was a blast, then we would have to run and run to get the thing in the air, so by the time you made the kite and ran your brains out you so pleased and exhausted when you got it up in the sky. LOL
@ginagee (843)
There are lots of kite fliers here in the south of England. I've been flying kites with my grand-daughter, we can go up on the south downs, as there is more space there and we have great fun. I also remember years ago we used to make our own kites but it's not so fashionable now is it, people seem to have to spend loads of money rather than making their own.
@venshida (4837)
You are right. My family lived in the Caribbean, and my brothers flew kites. I think they flew them around March or April. I don't recall seeing any in the States.