Unusual websites

@Eskimo (2317)
There are many million websites out there - on every topic under the sun, some of them good, some bad, some ridiculous. 'Watching paint dry' was a fun one, but it has now gone to the great server in the sky. One of my favourite websites is 'Pylon of the Month' at http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/bigh/bigh/hereitis.htm This has a different electricity pylon every month. (unfortunately the person responsible for updating the site has taken ill, and not updated it for several years). There are also links to other sites including, Mobile telephone base stations, Ukranian Bus shelters, letterboxes, sugar cubes, the Traffic Cone Preservation Society, and a number of others. It would be interesting to see what other unusual sites that could be discovered.
That is true. There are hundreds of thousands, nearly millions of websites added every day to the ever so growing web. Surely there are others than are quite interesting indeed. Try googling or searching for them.
Cute. I would have loved to have seen the watching paint dry one.
Oops, forgot to add a site -- dogster.com, where everydog has his own webpage. They also offer IM, don't know if its for the humans or the dogs. LOL
@Eskimo (2317)
Just had a look at dogstar. Definitely my kind of site, I can see me looking for a soulmate here.
Try www.watching-paint-dry.com
@BittyBiddy (2904)
I tried to get into the chat on that pylon site and couldn't. I'm sorry to hear that the owner is ill. It looks like he put a good bit of work into the site. My brother is a great one for finding wierd and wonderful websites. One he told me about recently is www.zefrank.com which has a whole heap of odd things on it. www.419eater.com is another one that is quite funny. I have one called www.orelse.eu which is basically a place to rant about anything that takes your fancy. I haven't done anything with it for a long time though.
@Eskimo (2317)
Thanks for all these fun sites, I really like the link to snow shovelling (from watching paint dry).
I can't believe I have just watched a video of snow shovelling. I also watched the full day in WPD in 38 seconds.
@Eskimo (2317)
This is a fun site, I could sit and watch it all day, just as long as I don't have to do any shovelling.
@weemam (13389)
before I became a member on My Lot and didn't know what to do with myself lol , I used to do a random search on AOL and it came up with some brilliant sites , I used to be there for hours but I am addicted here now lol xx
@Eskimo (2317)
Yes I did the same, now spend too much time on MyLot, neglecting lots of other sites that I need to visit.
there was an interesting site that i use to visit when i was surfing the net with my cousins, sfogs.com i think. it's about scary ghost stories and pictures and other paranormal stuff. we had a blast reading the spooky stories and looking at the pics and just having a good time scaring ourselves witless :-)
@Eskimo (2317)
This one seem scary, could be fun unless you are faint-hearted. Seems to be a list of ghostly tours that you do in real time and pay for.