Marriage...is it just a piece of paper to you, or is it a deeper commitment...

@ljcapps (1926)
For a long time, I felt that marriage was just a piece of paper. if you're with someone and you love each other, why get married? why do you NEED that piece of paper to change your life? well, now i feel a differently..but how bout you?
based from observations...marriage nowadays is not that sacred anymore. some marry and after sometime, they parted ways. haiii but for me, marriage is not just a piece of paper. when u enter to that kind of commitment, be sure that u're ready enough. be responsible and be mature enough to face all the trials and consequences. since marriage is a very deep and serious commitment, one has to think many times..a million time before engaging in that commitment.
@ljcapps (1926)
I agree. I think i had less of a view on marriage because my father is currently working on wife number 5, but for myself, it's forever. We're it for each other.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I think marriage is so important and I think when you are totaly in love ,,yes the papers are important for many things. Legaly they help alot if one of you gets sick or needs to do paperwork. I think it does signify total commitment if you are living that and backing it up. If people just have papers and dont back it up then the papers arent worth much emotionaly or otherwise.
@ljcapps (1926)
I agree. To start with, i felt it was just a piece of paper, but when i actually GOT married, my views changed. Marriage is a deeper significance, it says yes i'll stay through the hard times. Yes, you'll have a much harder time getting rid of me if you want to try..... :)
My husband and I have been married for 33 years. When we got married we made a commitment to each other. We don't take that lightly. We have some good years and some bad years but through it all we stayed together. That is what commitment is all about. You find someone and fall in love and want to be with them for the rest of your life. If you weren't intending that then I would see you bucking at marriage. Marriage has to be worked at. It's no bed of roses but then it isn't all thorns either. Make sure before you get married and a person can have a lifetime of togetherness.
@maurya83 (923)
No, its not just a piece of paper for me..Its a commitment, part of my life, a bond from the chore of my heart..every relation has its ups and downs and we can not deny them just because we are unable to handle it sometimes..my opinion..