Girls have to be skinny

ANyone notice that most girls these day think to beautiful they have to be skinny. I know girls that are obsessed with being skinny.
I have noticed and I think it is part of the overwhelming problem with young girls eating dissorders.
Yes-I agree. I found out some of my younger friends or those I see are calling other girls fat, and obsessing over there weight and some won't eat meals just a little here and there. I'm all for losing weight. But girls are getting vicious over it, and some are real mean. Might be a lack of vitamins or something they need from food-or the image society has painted. That and girls have to compete against each other with guys that are not loyal and are superficial.
They can be so mean, I had no idea until I came across a discusion on here where this girl totaly went off becuase a woman that was overwieght ordered some sanwiches from her. I couldnt believe she had the nerve to say those thing and I just had to tell her what I thought. It has gone to far and we need to find a solution to it.
Dove is fighting against it and Tyra banks. The TV and media are now calling attention to:Those who starve themselves, and those who bienge(sp)to get skinny but I still get the sicking feeling that there actually being made fun of or being sympathized by other girls. I'm sure there's a few girls that decide not to do that just because they can't stand to throw up or we'd be having a real epidemic. But-I got the feeling it got these girls more publicity then anything...but they did mention it was a disease. I think the people on tv are doing it for a good cause...I just think some skinny girls that feel good about themselves just because they at least didn't do that. There better. It's pretty bad...I've met some great girls...but I've met some real "everday" mean girls and some unexpected girls to behave that way to other girls in front of them and behind there back. I couldn't believe these girls where serious, and they weren't embarrased about themselves. I also read the same thing you did here on mylot. Disturbing.