Your religion? What does it mean?

@Ravenladyj (22937)
With there being so many different ppl in here I am curious to know what each of you believe...not just what religion you follow but what are the basics of YOUR beliefs regarding that religion and what does it mean to you? Also do you feel that your personal path has evolved over the yrs or maybe after an important happening in your life etc?.... I am a Buddhist, Vodouisant, Occultist Witch (not to be confused with Wiccan) and I also blend in certain parts of Native American Spirituality.....on a very very basic level you could say I'm an Eclectic Witch...I dont worship anyone or anything simply becasue I am NOT seperate from anyone or anything so worship holds no purpose in my life....I also feel very strongly that though the basics of any path we choose is a great guideline I think we should practice/follow our personal path in a way that is geared specifically to us as individuals. I definately think, in fact I know that my path has evolved over the yrs and continues to do so....I wouldnt have it any other way really since I, as a person, woman and mother grow daily..it only makes sense that my spiritual path grows too...My personal path has not only given me a great sense of peace in life especially over the past yr but also its helped me get through some very difficult times over the yrs and actually saved my life a couple times as well... So how about you? Care to share so we all have a better understanding?
@umavarma1 (929)
i am a hindu.Hinduism is also known as "Sanatana Dharma" to Hindus. In Sanskrit, the original language of India, 'Sanatana' means Everlasting and 'Dharma', by a crude translation, means Religion. The Everlasting Religion, Hinduism was founded, exists and flourishes in India. What is Hinduism? Is it a religion or is it a culture? The truth is - it is both a religion and a way of life. India gave to the world the original, oldest and most profound philosophy of life. The brilliant ancestors of present-day indians explored the Truth behind our existence and gave several philosophies and theories to define the Truth. At the same time, they created a set of rules for "good living" on this earth. The philosophical concepts that Indians gave to mankind are eternal and constitute no religion by themselves. However, the rules for good or "Dharmic" living that they laid down constitute the Hindu religion. This article will refer to "Hinduism" for both the philosophy and the religion, for purposes of simplicity. Sanatana Dharma does not have a starting point in history, does not have a founder, and has no Church. The sages who shaped the Hindu religion merely reiterated the teachings of the Vedas, the Hindu scriptures (most of which is unwritten). The Vedas are believed to have no origin. In ancient India, the Vedas formed the educational system and broadly comprised all the different spheres of life, such as spiritual, scientific, medical and so on.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
thank you so much for a great response...I'd love to hear more if you (or anyone else familiar with Hinduism) cares to share
ya sure.thanks for selecting the best
@marciascott (25555)
I believe in the almighty God. I go to Church just about every Sundsy i feel better when I go to Church. it makes my whole week go by better.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Excellent! and thanks marciascott for replying...If you dont mind my asking, what denomination are you?
Amen marcia! I believe that church is very important in growing in your faith. It's also important to have fellowship with other believers and to worship God together in His House. God is great!
@kishchun (497)
• Oman
to me , religion is a guide to lead your life in an honest, meaningful way. it just tells you to be good to everyone around you, not to cheat people or hurt them and live a good life. no more, no less. i do not visit places of worship much, i rarely do, though i believe in God. and i do pray. but i don't think it is a must to conform to the practices of praying so many times a day in a specific place or something like that. it is more of being a truthful person, of being a good soul in this world.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
thanks so much for replying and nicely put btw
I am a CHRISTIAN..and my religion means LOVE......
@Ravenladyj (22937)
thanks for replying :-)