Weight loss

@willocfc (965)
Australia
All of us have been on a diet at some point in our lives, i know i myself have tried and failed at many. I am wanting to hear from you of the diets that have and have not worked for you
@justreal (2367)
Exercise first thing in the morning. It will get your heart rate up and your metabolism going for the day. Eat a good, solid breakfast. Try to get in some low fat protein and fruits or veggies. Try to stay away from a lot of carbs. I suggest an omelette with one whole egg and one egg white. You still get the great yolk flavor without all the fat and calories. Add in some mushrooms and spinach. Top it off with a LITTLE low fat cheese. Make sure you eat about every three hours. This keeps your blood sugar levels in check, and you don't get hungry. Try to eat within 2 hours of waking in the morning. Try to eat your last meal 4 hours before bedtime.
@willocfc (965)
All great advice, thanks =)
• Netherlands
I'm not on a diet but i found that yoga can have a positive effect on your digestive system. Basically you need to eat lots of fruit and veggies and stay away as much as possible from sugar and saturated fat. If you eat more fattening food balance it the next day by eating food that is low in calories.
@willocfc (965)
Thanks i have been thinking about giving yoga a go, but do you need to be flexible?
@COLLIS2 (480)
I know it's not all that healthy but diet pills worked for me.
@COLLIS2 (480)
The pills
@willocfc (965)
South Beach? can you tell me more about diet pills and your experiences with them please, thanks for your response
@nicolec (2673)
I am usually not one for dieting. Basically because I love food. I exercise on a regular basis which I suppose helps me to maintain my food habit. But one diet I did try was the cabage soup diet. At first I enjoyed it. I was going to the bathroom a lot more getting rid of the water weight. But let me tell you, by the seventh day I had to choke back the cabage soup. I couldn't take it anymore. Oh and not to be crude, but it can give you really bad gas too. And with all that, I only lost like 5 lbs. For me it wasn't worth it. But perhaps for someone else.
@willocfc (965)
Oh you just brought back some memories for me lol, i too tried the cabbage soup diet and now i cant even look at cabbage without feeling ill
@COLLIS2 (480)
South Beach sounds like a much better idea.
@Bunny2 (2102)
I have been overweight for most of my life, but I am two sizes smaller than I used to be. I have maintained this weight loss even after going off the lifestyle change - though I do admit I'm more conscious of eating protein at most meals - I did the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. Basically it's controlling carbohydrate intake. Here is a run down: The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet *one reward meal (RM) per day. *All other meals (Complimentary Meals, CM) and snacks consist of half protein (chicken, fish, pork, veal, beef, cheese, eggs, tofu, soy meat) the other half non-carbohydrate vegetables (see below). If you can't stomach veggies for breakfast, have protein and make up the veggies later. Of course, you can make breakfast your reward meal. *All meals to be consumed within one hour. All snacks to be consumed within half an hour. *Drink at least 2 litres of water a day, preferably 3 litres (even 4). *diet drinks ONLY at meal times. *Coffee of tea allowed with meals. *One cup coffee/tea with 30 ml milk/cream allowed outside meals. Must be consumed within 15 minutes. *Reward meals: 1)start each meal with two cups of lettuce/greens with dressing of your choice. If you can't stomach lettuce, start with one cup of non-carbohydrate veggies (see below). 2) Divide the rest of the meal into three: a) one third protein b) one third non-carbohydrate veggies c) one third carbohydrate (this includes desserts) *If you want more than you allotted for in the meal, you can go back and have more: BUT you must have more of everything, not just carbs. More protein, more veggies too. *watch low fat dressings, etc as they contain hidden carbs (lots of sugar) Use full fat dressings instead (but watch the amount if you're worried about the fat) *Only buy the products which list sugar as fourth or lower ingredient. *hidden carbs include: sugar, gums, artificial sweeteners, cornflour, thickeners. Read labels. *No chewing gum, even sugar free. *yoghurt is strictly Reward meal. Milk too (except for one cup of coffee/tea outside meals). *Non-Carb veggies: anything green plus cauliflower, cabbage, mushrooms. *Carb veggies: everything else: everything yellow, orange, red and white (except cauliflower and cabbage; red cabbage is borderline) Red peppers are borderline. See if they make you crave more food. *Peas are legumes, therefore carbs. *Tomatoes contain carbs, but you can allow 1/4 per non-reward meal. *Portion sizes go on volume, not weight. *MSG can trigger some people's cravings. Watch Chinese food (has thickeners such as cornflour too, so only reward meal)
@willocfc (965)
Is this the diet that helped you to lose the initial weight? Congrats on losing it, i am considering gettting gastric bypass surgery i know its drastic but i have litterally tried everything without success
@Bunny2 (2102)
Yes, that was the diet that helped me lose all that weight. It's a good one to follow because you can even eat chocolate - I used to eat a MArs Bar regularly - as long as it's only once a day and balanced out with protein and vegetables. Gastric Bypass wasn't an option for me as I wasn't what they term morbidly obese - just obese. I hope whatever you try works for you!
@maribea (2366)
our weight is an important part of our health. Therefore, I recommend to take care of our weight but in a safe and careful way. tHE best thing to do is to see a doctor as a first step and then programme with the doctor's help your step by step programme. It's better eating a bit of everything, including every kind of food items like proteins, lipids, carbohydrates and vitamins. Eating little amount of food many times a day in order to avoid getting too much hungry and doing exercise on a regular basis is the best way to keep fit and happy with yourself
@willocfc (965)
Thanks for your advice =)
@paidreader (5151)
Most of them have failed, lol. I found a sign in a restaurant recently that would be best suited to describe my only successful diet. :) I'm on a 30 day diet, so far I've lost 15 days!